INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Temperature with Pegasus UPBv2

• Thank you received: 4
Hi,

The Pegasus UPBv2 has an ambient temperature/humidity sensor that reports to the UPB driver. I can see the values in the driver, but don't know how to make them available to EKOS.  Specifically, I'd like to be able to use the temperature re-focus feature while capturing.

Anyone know how to get this working?

Thanks!  
3 years 1 month ago #69065

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
Hi, I have DeepSkyDad AF3 autofocuser, with temperature probe. Only place where I can see the temperature is in driver, so same situation as yours. And I can confirm that this temperature is read periodically and based on set threshold my autofocuser executes its routine. All you need to do is this:
1) Execute autofocusing routine prior start of your capture plan
2) Set the temperature threshold in the capture plan: lower left corner there is a Limit section. I am using value 0,5°C
3) Start the capture plan
Once the temperature delta will be higher than the threshold, the capture plan will be paused (after current exposure is finished) and autofocusing routine will start. And this will repeat everytime the delta exceeds the threshold.
3 years 1 month ago #69068

Right now the focuser module relies on focuser temperature, and then if not falls back to observatory temperature... I think it should be more explicit than this and simply down a "Temperature Source" dropdown where ANY driver that offers some temperature is listed and user explicitly selects.
3 years 1 month ago #69093

So I tried this out last night and am not having any luck. The temperature fell 4C and the re-focus never triggered even though I set it at a 1C delta. Has anyone got this to work with a UPBv2?
3 years 1 month ago #69096

I totally agree - that would make a lot of sense.
3 years 1 month ago #69097

The fix is merged to master. Should be in nightlies soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starman99
2 years 11 months ago #71112

• Thank you received: 20
You mean the dropdown list of all temperature sensors? That will be great
2 years 11 months ago #71114

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds