INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to determine Device Type

• Thank you received: 1
I've been working a bit on a pure Swift library that parses INDI messages. So I have been looking at the XML that is send over the socket. 
What I'm trying to do now is to determine the type of device (e.g. mount, focusser, filter wheel, CCD, ...) from the information I get from the INDI server.
I hoped that there would be an attribute that would indicate the device type. But there does not seem to be one. So I guess, I need to determine the device type from the propertyVectors I get from the device.

Is there any standard set of properties that are used for different device types?
And, do all device drivers use the same propertyVector name for the same concept (such as EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD for equatorial coordinates)? Or do different drivers use different names for the same concept?

Many thanks,
Don

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafa Barberá
2 years 11 months ago #71014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Don. Nice to know you're working on a Swift Library. There is a getDriverInterface function that should return the driver interface value. From it you can tell which classes the device supports. Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don
2 years 11 months ago #71015

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Don on topic How to determine Device Type

Yes, that is the property I needed. Thanks!
2 years 11 months ago #71023

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds