INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

OnStep driver - baud rate - move from 9600 to something more efficient.

• Thank you received: 3
I have a parallel question to the onstep board. It would seem to me that setting the USB serill buad rate higher would be more efficient. It could avoid the command queue getting stacked up. I am planning on flashing an OnStep with a higher reate and then configuring the driver to match. Has this been tried? Is there a reason not to try thsi?
1 year 1 week ago #92292

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try 1 didn't work. I set the OnStep baud rate to 115200. The driver failed to connect. I then put the original STM32 9600 baud back in and everything worked again. I will eflash the board that did not work to 9600 and confirm the board is good.
I am interested in anyone else's experience.
1 year 1 week ago #92294

I reset the baud rate to 9600 and reflashed the stm32. I installed it in and connected via the USB to kstars. It connected straight away. It is a baud rate issue and not a board issue.
Does anyone have any clue why when matched on both the controller and kstars 9600 is requied? Is there some configuration in the USB to serial UART?
1 year 1 week ago #92296

The OnStep thread replied that the Controller should work at hither rates. I the the only parameter required in kstars the one in the mount connectoin window? 115200 is a kstars parameter; if OnStep is properly configured should it work?
1 year 1 week ago #92299

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds