INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Slow mount response

• Thank you received: 17
I am running Kstars 3.6.8 on an Rpi4 with an Ubuntu 22.04 OS. I have a CGEM HC mount, PA and GoTo's are fine. However, I usually need to tweak the mount position (based on Plate solve) to center the target exactly on my sensor. I do this by running the focus routine while I have the "Mount Control" window open. I find that the "Mount Control" module significantly lags when I try to make adjustments. There is a delay of a couple of seconds between when I indicate a motion in a particular direction and when that direction arrow turns red (which indicates the motion has been either done or initiated). I don't know if there is a setting (polling or something) that I am missing or if this is an issue. I understand there is a delay in taking the image and presenting the result, but this seems more to be a delay associated between the Motion Control window and the mount. Also, It would be "wonderful" if the arrows could be indicated (by numbers or something) on the Kstars display, so you knew which direction that a particular arrow would actually move the mount in the global picture.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments about this I would appreciate their response.

Thanks,
2 months 1 week ago #99239

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds