INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nexstar connection Used by another driver or process

• Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to automate my rig using astroberry on my Pi 4. I've got my guidecam working, but I'm still struggling to get my Nexstar CG5 mount to connect. In the INDI manager, I get the error WARNING] Port /dev/ttyUSB0 is already used by another driver or process. Same issue when I use the auto scanned system port. I gave port mapping a go using the script from the Serial Port Assistant / Port Mappimng topic in case there was a real conflict udevRuleScript but I still get the same error.

I'm pretty sure I've got the drivers I need, but it might be the usb to serial adapter I have (Aten Usb to serial). Has anyone else worked through something similar?

When I run the command from the indi persistent serial port mapping tutorial, I get a value that looks more like a timecode ("00:00:01:00:00"(estimation, I can grab the real output at lunch)) instead of the example from the tutorial
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Atwood .
1 month 3 weeks ago #99475

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 28
Probably gpsd grabbing the port, it comes with very wide reaching udev rules that capture just about any serial - USB convertor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atwood
1 month 3 weeks ago #99481

• Thank you received: 0
That was EXACTLY it!

For those potentially coming after me with the same problem, I followed the instructions in this thread on the Pi stack exchange

raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/...-certain-serial-port
1 month 3 weeks ago #99493

Time to create page: 0.664 seconds