INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

EQ6R EQMOD sync problem [solved]

8 months 2 weeks ago
Blueshawk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
EQ6R EQMOD sync problem [solved] #45151
I just thought I'd drop a quick note on a recent problem I had and just solved.
I'm using indiserver on an rpi3b at the mount(usb connected eq6r), networked to a pc in the house running kstars on ubuntu based linux. Last week I had a great night and left the rig running making darks and bias frames while I slept a the remaining few hours, then wound up leaving it on all day. When I went to restart that evening I figured I better reboot everything, and then I discovered that the mount position was reporting incorrectly and would not sync properly, and even headed the wrong way on screen while guiding. The next day I used the hand controller(not normally installed/used) to reset the mount but this had no effect. I tried various things to narrow down the problem and after much head scratching I tracked the problem to the Kstars version being out of sync with the version with Indilib on the mount rpi. I updated the pi and it works fine now.

Hope that helps anyone else that has this weirdness happen.

Clear skies! :)

Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds