INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with QHY163M in Stellarmate

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,
I bought Stellarmate last week and tried it today with my QHY163M. However, the test was not successful. The main problem was that more than a minute passed between each capture, so that a sequence of 10 captures - each 5 second long - lasted almost half an hour... With my ZWO ASI120 everything worked fine. Maybe it is interesting, that there were two warnings after each capture: "Telescope aperture is missing" and "Telescope focal lenght is missing". Is there Data missing, which causes a problem with data processing after each capture? Did anyone have a similar problem and can help me to fix it?
Thanks and clear sky Jonas
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Jonas .
2 years 4 months ago #78584

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Stellarmate

Did you check your equipment profile? Are the telescopes selected in there? A minute is too long, should take few seconds, but even then this warning should not have caused this delay.
2 years 4 months ago #78589

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
the mainscope and the guidescope are selected in the equipment profile. But I think I have found a solution for the delay between the captures: I reduced the default value for the "Dialog timeout" (Settings --> Ekos) of 60 seconds to 0 seconds. Now, there are only about 5-10 seconds between the captures. Is that normal?
Unfortunately, I discovered other problems during the further test of the software. When I record a video (in the app via the video camera icon) and then stop the recordig (or after the set time), I can not take photos anymore (Error: Cannot take exposure while streaming/recording is active). I have to close the equipment profile every time and open it again to take a picture after a videorecording. To set Videostream and Videorecording off in the INDI Control Panel didn't help. Further, if I activate streaming, I cant stop it anymore, so that I have to close the equipment profile again. Are there any known solutions for this? 
Thanks Jonas
2 years 4 months ago #78592

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds