INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate OS Upgrade Problems

• Thank you received: 30
I run KStars on a Mac which communicates to my imaging hardware via a Stellarmate OS based INDI server running on an RPi (the OS boots from an external SSD). Tonight I thought I'd check for a Stellarmate OS update (since KStars just got a version bump). I connected to the RPi via a screen share and started the update process where it got hung at 58% progress. I finally clicked Cancel and manually rebooted the RPi. Once rebooted I reconnected via screen share and saw that the OS version was incremented from 1.7.7 to 1.7.8 but when I launch the updater again, I get an error that the RPi cannot get an internet connection.

When I launch KStars from the Mac and try to connect I get "Failed to connect to INDI server 10.0.0.118:7,624".

I have a second RPi that normally runs on another imaging setup and I took the SSD from that setup and attached it to the problematic RPi I am trying to use this evening. Everything booted up fine and the network connection was successfully made to the INDI server. Then I made the mistake of trying to update the StellarMate OS on this second SSD (I know, I know!). This is now hung at exactly the same 58% that the first one was. It's been there for about 30 minutes and I'm tempted to cancel the update but I'm afraid I'll have the same INDI server connection error again.

I have also tried using the iOS StellarMate app to connect to the original RPi/SSD with no luck.

Any assistance/advice is appreciated.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94457

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
hello Fred,

if you can connect the RPi to a monitor and a keyboard/mouse, you can check if it boots up ok and which network Stellarmate connected to.
Might be a case where it connects to your local wifi by default instead of creating the stellarmate hotspot.
Worth checking it out.

I did upgrade to 1.7.8 and everything worked out fine, I just needed to switch from hotspot to my local wifi to get the updates going.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94461

• Thank you received: 41
Frederick, is your setup something like this?

I had exactly the same error a few days ago. As soon as I switched the "Mode" to "Local" everything worked fine again. (I control my observatory through internet (totally different network) via NoMachine).
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Euripides.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94466
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
Hello, I have exactly the same problem !!
8 months 3 weeks ago #94473

• Thank you received: 1
Same problem for me, so I downloaded 1.7.8 img from site, format a SD and put iso on SD card, rebooted, all ok, BUT when I update using the utility stellarmate updater, it hung at 30% now I can see a process apt-get install with stellarmatewebmanager continue to stop & restart.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94481

I downloaded 1.7.8 img and burn it onto a new SD card, booted it, and all ok, BUT if I press update on stellarmate updater, it hung at 30% and now I can see a process apt-get install stellarmatewebmanager that stop & restart continuosly.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94482

Can you please attach StellarMate Device Manager log? It's available from StellarMate Dashboard or via App.
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94483

Ok, but within stellarmatewebmanager all logs give me only "Failed!"
I have tried (restarting with IMG clean, burn, boot), to sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade, same thing, but a process eat 80% of cpu

/usr/bin/apt-get -y install --reinstall stellarmatewebmanager

I can use terminal if you give me some hints.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94486
Attachments:

Please run this command:

<code>
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install stellarmatewebmanager
</code>
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94487

Ok.

Maybe missing install option, with it it give me:

stellarmatewebmanager is already the newest version (1.7.8+z+stable~202308071250).

Process have stopped, all ok now.
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Francesco.
8 months 3 weeks ago #94488
Attachments:

Work also the dashboard log:

File Attachment:

File Name: devicemanager.txt
File Size:16 KB
8 months 3 weeks ago #94489
Attachments:

Did you run sudo apt-get update first?
8 months 3 weeks ago #94491

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds