INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Twin Wifi, a must have.

• Thank you received: 223
If you're running Stellarmate on either a Pi or a Mele, I highly recommend to have a USB wifi dongle and set the hotspot on the dongle.
This way, you get your machine connected to your home network while the hotspot is running and available. It's really helping your workflow like this.
7 months 2 weeks ago #95698

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by Bart on topic Twin Wifi, a must have.

That's a good idea.
What I do usually is to start default with a connection to an external 4G hotspot dongle. If that's unavailable, the Stellarmate hotspot is created.
From there, I can connect and select any other available network if I want to.

My home wifi doesn't reach the garden that well, so when imaging from home, I just plug in an ethernet cable. That's -much better- in any case. Using a flat Cat 5e cable, it fits through the doorsil and the door, no problem.
Cheers!
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Bart.
7 months 2 weeks ago #95721

• Thank you received: 223
I find it quite useful when I place the CEM25p on the balcony with a dead wifi spot.
However, found this issue in Stellarmate www.indilib.org/forum/stellarmate/13829-...larmate-hotspot.html
7 months 2 weeks ago #95760

• Thank you received: 17
For my side, my setup is not nomad, I need to get 230V (Europe voltage) from the house and I set up in a field 30m far away from the home wifi router. My solution is to set a Wifi hotspot from the astro PC which I connect if I'm close. And I use CPL plugs, one next to mount/pc and the other one on the house plug and plugged to a mini router (set in repeator mode on the home wifi), which sends its own wifi with WWW access. So I can access the session from both hotspot and have acces WWW anywhere. The only down side is I need to change the wifi network if I switch from being close to the mount and getting away in the house, but that's not a big deal.
I should setup forward ports between both hotspots but I never dug deeply. If anyone has knowledge about that, I'd be glad.
150P and 72ED with ASI 071 MC pro
Guiding with qhy 5L-II-m and ASI 178MC
HEQ5 pro with EqMod
Kstars Ekos on lenovo thinkcenter with Linux Mint 21
7 months 2 weeks ago #95761

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds