INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Inputs from iPad help

3 months 1 day ago
mpaul73
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Inputs from iPad help #50408
I am using an iPad and VNC to connect to Stellarmate. However I can’t do basic inputs such as GOTO or type an odject to search. Do I have to have a keyboard and mouse to fully control things if on an iPad?

Equipment: Skywatcher HEQ5 - Stellarvue 80mm access - Canon 6D (unmodified) - Stellarvue 50mm Guide Scope - ZWO ASI290MM Mini - Rasp Pi4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 17 hours ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Inputs from iPad help #50422
What VNC app do you use on the iPad? I use RealVNC and there is a button to show a virtual keyboard that allows you to type text. By typing CTRL-F I can search. A right click to bring up the context menu to slew or GOTO an object can be emulated by tapping with two fingers.

HTH, Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

3 months 13 hours ago
mpaul73
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Inputs from iPad help #50430
That sounds like the answer right there! I have just been using the VNC from Safari browser. I'll download a different VNC. Thanks!

Equipment: Skywatcher HEQ5 - Stellarvue 80mm access - Canon 6D (unmodified) - Stellarvue 50mm Guide Scope - ZWO ASI290MM Mini - Rasp Pi4

3 months 12 hours ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Inputs from iPad help #50432
Not sure if this will work with Stellarmate though since it's VNC is web based. Perhaps someone else can chime in? I don't use Stellarmate.

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

3 months 7 hours ago
starman345
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Inputs from iPad help #50437
I used RealVNC client with Stellarmate, it has a virtual keyboard, I think most of them do. It's been a while since I used the vnc included with Stellarmate but I think it has a virtual keyboard as well. Did you try swiping in from the left side? There should be a menu there that includes scaling options and I think a virtual keyboard. That was back quite a few versions since I was using it so maybe it is different now.

-Brian

Kstars-Ekos-INDIE
NanoPC-T4 - Armbian Ubuntu 18.04
iOptron CEM25P mount
Photoline 80mm triplet
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Imaging camera
ZWO ASI290MM mini Guide camera

Time to create page: 0.647 seconds