INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

I can not connect the EQmod mount .

• Thank you received: 0
What you think , is Stellarmate better system for this job? Will I have similar problems with it?
Where can I search for upgrades available about INDI library , EQMod driver etc.?
2 years 8 months ago #74311

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
NO, stick with Astroberry, Stellarmate is even more prone to issues, and it’s slower too, Astroberry is free and better….although my EQMOD mount will not connect on either system…. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgi Malakov
2 years 8 months ago #74325

I will format the sd card and make clean instalation of Astroberry . Will see what wil heppen.Should I update some drivers or softwares in Astroberry after that ?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Georgi Malakov.
2 years 8 months ago #74326

• Thank you received: 50
Absolutely. The present image is quite old, and there are many improvements on the repositories. I would suggest sudo apt update, and then sudo apt full-upgrade. Be prepared to wait for a lot of changes including to the RPi Linux kernel and so on!
The only ‘special’ change I have made to my running Astroberrys is to replace the flawed FireCapture version with the latest Beta version (2.7.05 beta for the RPi) for planetary captures of Saturn and Jupiter with less glitches than the ‘stable’ version that comes with in the Astroberry package.
2 years 8 months ago #74329

It WORKS , Guys!!

2 years 8 months ago #74330
Attachments:

But I stop gpsd to make it work . I am not sure if I have to do this again afte next start of Astroberry . 
2 years 8 months ago #74331

• Thank you received: 50
Great that you got it working now! You can easily test whether gpsd has to be killed each time you start Astroberry. I use VNC Viewer rather than a browser interface, and I haven’t needed to do anything to gpsd.
2 years 8 months ago #74332

• Thank you received: 102
sudo systemctl disable gpsd
will keep it from starting each boot.

Or, to remove gpsd completely,
sudo apt remove gpsd

However, make sure it doesn't want to remove a bunch of stuff that depend on it. If the packages that it wants to remove looks reasonable, go ahead and say yes when it asks if you're sure.
2 years 8 months ago #74339

• Thank you received: 140
@Kevin
would this be anything to do with my issue, even though I never use a GPS dongle..??
2 years 8 months ago #74342

would this be anything to do with my issue, even though I never use a GPS dongle..??

It's worth checking, by running "lsof /dev/ttyUSB0" or USB1 if that's the proper port for your mount, but I thought we already determined that nothing else had the port open. But it certainly doesn't hurt to double check.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Kevin Ross.
2 years 8 months ago #74344

Another question. I am not sure if I have to change something in Ekos which refers to EQMod. I mean the number of teeth of worm gear(RA,DEC) of the telescope ,teeth of the pulleys of steppers or something?
2 years 8 months ago #74345

Another question. I am not sure if I have to change something in Ekos which refers to EQMod. I mean the number of teeth of worm gear(RA,DEC) of the telescope ,teeth of the pulleys of steppers or something?

There's nothing to configure in the driver, it's supposed to read that directly from the firmware of the motor controller.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Kevin Ross.
2 years 8 months ago #74346

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.976 seconds