INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FYI - Astroberry / Kstars / Windows / CCDCIEL

• Thank you received: 74
Now I use Indiserver in perhaps an odd way for most but it works for me.

This tends to be a mix of Indi on Linux and CCdciel / Ascom on Windows. Works fine and I totally perfer CCDciel sequencer.

Anyway 1 big hole in CCDciel when using a DSLR remotely (DSLR on Indi/linux) and connected by CCDciel running on Windows is the lack of Liveview.

Tried a few out of the box solutions but nothing quite works but the following "querk" does for me but maybe of interest to someone.

To get Liveview I mix simulatneos use of Kstars/Ekos using a matching hardware profile to Windows CCDciel which is also running CDC and some other devices via ASCOM so long as you does the following.

Even though the PI is running Astroberry Do Not Start Indiserver via Astroberry's Web Indi manager but

1. Start Kstars/Ekos and start and connected Indi devices - must be first! I cannot via VNC from Windows to do this.

2. Start CCDciel and connect both Indi and Windows Ascom devices - the Indi devices should of course be the same

3. Start CDC (optional) - but I prefer it.

4. Now at this stage you can use Kstars/Ekos to do Liveview of the DSLR device using your VNC connection to see the Ekos Liveview which works very well.

5. You can Slew via either CDC or Kstars no problem - the movement is shown in each program display.

6. You can take Previews via either CCDCIEL or Ekos and the images are displayed in both BUT dont forget to stop Liveview else you will get an error in CCDCIEL. I tried unticking Preview but it always displays the images even when started from CCDciel but doesn't seem to effect anything.

7. As I use Platesolving ,Image Sequencer on CCDCIEL these work but I have not had chance to prove Platesolving isn't effected but it loads and runs as normal then fails as this testing has been done during the day.

Yes I agree thats its a "dirty" solution but it suits me as I love CCDciel and have been using it for about a year with some mods by P.C. - thanks PC. But it does give me the Liveview option I wanted and was missing.

Its just a pity that the Liveview isn't detached from Kstars/Ekos or CCDciel has a DSLR Liveview option ! - maybe one day :-) .

Anyway thats it. I doubt many will venture this way but if someone does then here is 1 solution for Liveview when doing remote CCDciel.

Clear Skies! :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 7 hours ago #53164

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
After Sterling work by Patrick Chevaleey CCDCIEL now gives Liveview for DSLR even when running remotely - Thanks Patrick great job :-)

So the above no longer applies :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
3 years 11 months ago #53406

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds