INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unable to open camera message old QHY5 Firecapture and Oacapture

• Thank you received: 1
Dear community.
I have Astroberry working fine with one old QHY5 mono camera in INDI/Ekos as a guide camera, installed in a RPi 3 model B.
The camera is completely recognized in INDI/Ekos server and it's working nicely.
The problem is coming when I open Firecapture or Oacapture for planetary imaging. Both programs don't recognize the camera.
Doesn't matter if the server is running or not, the camera is not opened.
I used CCDciel too with the server running and the camera is recognize ok. I'm confused about this.
I will please any help to see if I can solve the problem. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
3 years 4 months ago #63946

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
Watching with interest as I have same issue with same camera....again will work fine in Ekos, but will not work on firecapture or OAcapture on Astroberry.... :)
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by AstroNerd.
3 years 4 months ago #63973

• Thank you received: 27
Wel the answer is simple. oAcapture and FireCapture do not use the indi camera drivers. They have their own implementation and SDK libaries. If I remember correctly there were very loing discussions on this forum on how to get that camera working on Indi. (can't remember what the problem was). So with the SDK and library these programs are using it's not supported.

Both programs are not part of Indi/Ekos, so you should query with oAcapture or FireCapture .....

Paul
3 years 4 months ago #63983

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks for you answer Paul.
I will try to find any other compatible software for planeraty imaging for the old QHY5.
3 years 4 months ago #63988

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.593 seconds