INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos does't recognize Canon M200 Mirorless

• Thank you received: 0
I'm using Stellarmate and have updated Kstars to 3.6.3 (I was also not able to use it on 3.6.0). I've tried connecting my mirrorless Canon M200, but it's not recognized. When I'm creating my equipment profiles, I choose "Canon DSLR" for Camera 1, since that's the closest match, so I'm guessing it's a driver issue. Is there a way to get an M200 driver or is it something else?

This is the error in Ekos:
2023-02-10T04:25:43 Unable to establish:
+ Canon DSLR
Please ensure the device is connected and powered on.

Yes, I ensured it was connected and powered on.
1 year 2 months ago #90380

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canon M200 is supported by GPhoto so it should work out of the box. In StellarMate dashboard, do you see the camera in the hardware page? If you go to diagnostics page, you can run the "DSLR Test" routine and get some log on the communication with the camera. This may be useful to find out what's going on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael L.
1 year 2 months ago #90383

• Thank you received: 14
I used to use an M100. As has been said there is only one camera driver. Canon is just a synonym for GPhoto.
2 things:
1. Check your USB cable is capable of downloading images (ie it is not a power only cable not capable of signals).
Try different cables.
2. Check camera settings. You need to enable "Release shutter w/o lens".
I think all Canon mirrorless camera should work. The M200 is very similar to M100 which definitely works.
There may be other settings which aren't in M100.
Also you can turn off any abberation / correction software (not essential but better).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Michael L.
1 year 2 months ago #90391

• Thank you received: 0
D'oh! It was the cable - the "have you tried turn it off and on again" of connection troubleshooting. Thanks!
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Michael L..
1 year 2 months ago #90407

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds