INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connectin question

• Thank you received: 10

Connectin question was created by Michael

I am sure it is alll really simple and straightforward

I am running EKOS on my office IMac, which connects to the MacBook outside which is running Indig and PHD2

Indigo and EKOS both see 2 versions of imaging and guide cam(e.g. Asi1600 and ASI1600(guide), and also 2 mounts CEM60 and CEM60(guide). I tried to ignore the (guide)versions, and short attempts to use these were unsuccessful in my hands...

My imaging setup works for the most part, including plate solve and autofocus, all the bells and whistles. Seems though that my guiding setup is fighting with EKOS and the mount: I tried different variants, but used most successfully the imaging version (INDI) of my ASI120, which talks through INDI of course to the "regular" mount, not the CEM60(guide) (is it true that (guide) indicates the "phone line connection" camera to mount??

Was unable te get other combos to work, but my "working" solution has that unhappy triangle EKOS, mount, and guide cam seemingly fight each other with horrible guiding- better un- guiding being the result...

Can someone give me some *guidance*, please??

Thanks,
Michael

Michael
5 years 2 months ago #35040

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Connectin question

Hello Mike,

INDIGO is not officially supported in Ekos. It can work but it behaves differently to INDI. Please use INDI and report back any issues. Then we can resolve them.
5 years 2 months ago #35043

Replied by Michael on topic Connectin question

tried that before, INDI sees only one, the imaging of my two (ZWO ASI), tried to add a "second" ZWO CCD driver to INDI, but that's not an option apparently the guide camera remains "invisible" to PHD2 on the MacBook, and/or EKOS; the CEM60 is recognized as iEQ I believe but slew to seems to work, unsure about plate solve functions though, its raining here, so no daylite testing..., and Moonlite port scan creates a list, but non of these ports is connecting...

just for entertainment value a screenshot with just a few EKOS error messages, made me laugh... I love what you guys are doing, thanks a lot for that

Michael
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Michael.
5 years 2 months ago #35055
Attachments:

Can you please enable INDI+CCD logging and attach the log? I can connect here on MacOS (on MacMini) just fine with two ZWO cameras.
5 years 2 months ago #35069

Thanks Jasem!

I am running some who-knows-how-old INDIserver app I downloaded from CloudMakers maybe a year ago, could that be the issue?

on a weird whim i simply tried to run EKOS (simulators) on my "remote" macbook, and voila, on my office machine I can see and control the simulators just fine, Cannot test the real setup as I am disassembled right now for maintenance...

might not be the skinniest version, but may be the easy solution to simply run EKOS on both machines?

Thanks!
5 years 2 months ago #35082

While you can use any external INDI server, it's usually recommended to stick with the internally shipped version. We hope next week release will address some of the issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael
5 years 2 months ago #35099

Just a quick FYI for Jasem

Could not get it to work so I simply removed everything Kstars from my machine, and did a clean new install of 3.0.

Everything looks great right now, i suspect the upgrade to 3.0 was the culprit, and probably should be done as clean "new" install.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Michael.
5 years 2 months ago #35332

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds