INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Issue with exposure length using Fuji XT2

1 week 5 days ago 1 week 5 days ago by jwoodman.
jwoodman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Issue with exposure length using Fuji XT2 #43144
Hey everyone,
I've got the following setup:
  • Fuji XT2
    • Exposure dial set to "B"
    • PC CONNECTION MODE set to USB TETHER SHOOTING AUTO
    • SHOOT WITHOUT LENS enabled
    • All other settings are default after a reset
  • Raspberry Pi 4 (2GB) running StellarMate 1.4.4
    • I am using the "GPhoto CCD" driver
I'm able to take photos using the "preview" button in the capture module (JPEG, compressed) and the image shows in a pop-up window. The problem is that the shutter speed icon on the camera's display changes from "BULB" to "100", and it's only taking a 1/100s exposure even though exposure length is set to 1s.
I did notice that changing the exposure length to 10s causes the camera to take a 1/10s exposure and so on. The problem is that if I set it to 100s the camera will take the correct exposure time, but ekos will wait the full 100s... Is there a setting to change the exposure time scale or something?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 4 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Issue with exposure length using Fuji XT2 #43173
Can you please share the logs (INDI+CCD enabled)? Maybe it's an issue with parsing shutter speeds from this camera.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

1 week 4 days ago 1 week 3 days ago by jwoodman.
jwoodman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Issue with exposure length using Fuji XT2 #43193
I've attached the log file (verbose, INDI+CCD)
Edit: Attached a second log file with "driver debug" checked under "logging levels" within INDI Control Panel -> GPhoto CCD tab -> Options tab. I realized this might have more useful information.
Attachments:

1 week 2 days ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Issue with exposure length using Fuji XT2 #43276
The shutter speeds look odd. Your camera stars either at 1/8000 or 1/32000, so assuming the former that's 0.000125 seconds. The logs shows 0.0122 seconds, so it's off by about a factor of 100x if they do indeed mean 1/8000 s.

When it captured 1 second, it selected the closest shutter speed 0.9843 seconds, but you said it took 1/100 s or 0.01 s. So 0.9843 / 100 = 0.009854 which is very close to 0.01 or 1/100 s ... this confirm the 100x factor difference. I think an issue in libgphoto2 should be raised to fix this problem.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

6 days 20 hours ago
Aurneth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Issue with exposure length using Fuji XT2 #43416
I have a Fujifilm X-T1 and it is absolutely unusable with Ekos, or any other Linux app, for that matter. INDI simply fails to connect to it properly. Using the tether function in Darktable I can preview and take 1 - and only 1 - photo before it bails and disconnects. I then have to unplug the camera, turn it off, then plug it back in and power it back on. Using Entangle, it crashes after every photo.

Are you able to successfully take photos using the program Entangle or with the tethering function in Darktable? Because if you can't, the problem is with gphoto2 support for Fujifilm cameras (having done some reading into the subject, there appears to be some non-standard stuff in how Fujifilm cameras communicate).

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds