INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AAG Cloudwatcher broken again in latest nightly

• Thank you received: 155
Hey Rob, Amy luck correcting that erroneous configuration path for AAG Cloudwatcher?
1 year 9 months ago #84398
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 812
Still working on it, this one is a really tough one. What is supposed to happen is KStars sends the INDIPrefix Environment variable to INDIServer which then starts the cloudwatcher driver and passes it on to that which it then uses to find the file. I can confirm through experimentation that right around the time that the fast blob transfer stuff went in, 6/18 or so as you said, this broke. So far I have figured out that KStars is in fact setting the variable correctly, and INDIServer in fact receives it properly. But the Cloudwatcher driver does NOT get the variable, it was unset by the time it got there. I think I have found the spot in the code in the method that starts the driver where it loses the variable. But I will need to look into it further to figure out why not. The code is different than it was before, but it is only slightly changed and as far as I can tell should work just about the same as before. So something else must be causing this code to not work as intended. I will need to dig deeper.
1 year 9 months ago #84410
I opened a bug report on this one. It is due to a change that was made in INDI almost to the day you said that it stopped working which really helped me track it down. I did some extensive testing to see exactly why the issue is occurring and reported it to the person who made the change. I'm still waiting for the final solution of exactly how we would like to address it, but at least now we know exactly what the problem is.

github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1701
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
1 year 9 months ago #84559
Thank you Rob (and Jasem) for your continued work on this!
1 year 9 months ago #84589
Ok after lots of digging and testing and work, we came up with a simple solution.

github.com/indilib/indi/commit/0668feba7...dff62856dfb16e7b66b8

Note that sometime tomorrow Craft should build with these changes and you can let us know how it works.

Thanks,

Rob
1 year 9 months ago #84613
Thanks Rob! I'll test it later this afternoon after the new build.
On a side note - ZWO CCD driver is totally broken. I am unable to get any version of KStars after July 20 to work with my camera.
1 year 9 months ago #84625
Rob, I just tested the latest version. Yes, AAG Cloudwatcher now works! Thanks!
The ZWO CCD driver is still totally broken though.
Interestingly, it also wont pass my SX guide camera though the USB port of the camera either.

If I simply load up KStars from July 20th, both cameras work fine. It started with July 21 that broke the camera driver.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Peter Kennett.
1 year 9 months ago #84631
Ok I will take a look at the ZWO one. That one is easier since I have ZWO cameras
1 year 9 months ago #84632
Great! Please let me know asap if your cameras work fine with MacOSX versions after July 20th. I hope this isn't some strange issue with my Mac.
1 year 9 months ago #84633
Ok I might have a solution for you. I deleted everything ZWO in the driver configurations that I had saved in ~/.indi/ Then it worked. So there must be some configuration that got saved that is no longer valid after that update on July 20th. Give that a shot.
1 year 9 months ago #84700
Tomorrow's build should have a proper fix.
1 year 9 months ago #84702
Ok, thanks Jasem, I will test tomorrow.
Rob - I tried your technique. I removed all the ZWO files, and relaunched KStars.
- It crashed to the desktop three times in a row, but then finally loaded up. Same desktop crash error I was getting before.
- Once loaded, all worked great, as you experienced.
- Then, on the third attempt to run KStars, it stared crashing again. I am now on 6 in a row so I stopped.
I attached the Mac crash log:

File Attachment:

File Name: Crash.txt
File Size:86 KB
1 year 9 months ago #84705
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds