INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Planewave with INDI experience

• Thank you received: 18
Would any of the Planewave owners like to share how well the INDI driver works for them? In particular for the Hedrick focuser (EFA) and the Delta-T temperature controller. I'm seeing some threads from a while ago, most of them are about connection issues and/or things not working. By now most of those quirks may be ironed out?

Related to this a few additional questions:
- Is the driver taking care of all relevant functions that the PWI software does? My retailer claims the system has an 'intelligent fan' and 'not an unintelligent fan like other systems'. And he says PWI software is 'very unique' and gives a 'big advantage when looking at tube seeing, stable mirror temperature'. Is this just marketing mumbo-jumbo or is there anything specific in the EFA/Delta-T/PWI that may not be addressed in the INDI driver?
- PWI can be made to run under Linux. Is anybody doing that, and how does that work?

As nice as a telescope it is (I'm considering a CDK12.5), if it means I'll have to go the Windows-route, then followed by NINA, etc., that would definitely be added to the 'con' side of the scale.

Hope someone can provide some insight.

Thanks, Willem Jan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 8 months ago #84900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds