INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems with Analyze Tab in Kstars 3.6.3

• Thank you received: 20
I'm currently testing Kstars 3.6.3/INDI 2.0.0 on a Mele 3Q, Ubuntu 22.04.1, using Jasems ppa. After solving the QHY problems with fxload (hopefully), I run in the following problem: normally the analyze tab is updated every second, so one has a nice flow of the values. In 3.6.3 I'm observing that the analyze tab is "stuttering": sometimes updated after a scond, then only after the next picture. This happens with simulators and with my rig (with simulator mount): main cam QHY 268C, guiding cam ASi 290 MM mini, Pegasus DMFC focuser and MBOX.

In the attached picture you can see in the upper left the analyze tab, the exposures are 30s each. In the bottom right you can see the time left for the current exposure: 4.24s, so 25s are over but it is not shown in the analyze tab!!! The analyze tab was updated in this case AFTER THE EXPOSURE! I run this now for nearly one hour and it gets worse, analyze tab is updated only after the end of the exposure!

In Star Trek Scotty once said when Kirk asked him about the Enterprise: I dont have a good feeling ;-) Same for me with 3.6.3 ;-)

I attach also some log and analyze file of this test session.

File Attachment:

File Name: loganalyze.zip
File Size:7 KB
1 year 2 months ago #90631
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 566
FWIW, Analyze is only updated when new messages/statistics arrive. It has always been that way.
Messages should arrive, e.g. at the start of an exposure, and at the end of an exposure.
If you are guiding, guiding messages will also arrive every time the guider makes a measurement.
So, when guiding you see more frequent updates.

Analzye does not display how many seconds are left in an exposure,
that kind of message from capture to Analyze has not been implemented, but you can get it from the Capture or Manage tab.
Hy
1 year 2 months ago #90633

• Thank you received: 20
Hello Hy,
thank you for yor reply. Perhaps I never realized that because I only look at the analyze tab when I take real pictures and additionally I was more attentive due to the problems with fxload...
So it seems to be ok and I will give 3.6.3 a chance at my next real session :-)

Best regards

Juergen
1 year 2 months ago #90641

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds