INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Camera driver crash after meridian flip

• Thank you received: 6
Thanks Jasem.
For what it's worth, I already completely ruled out cable snags. My sessions are never unattended and I actually walk up close during flip making sure all the cables are clear. I also tried several different cables. This is definitely software, also because when I restart Indi server, it resumes and never crashes again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francesco
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Marco.
4 months 1 week ago #97747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
hello jasem, it can't be a cable problem, just because even though you don't touch anything you just press stop and play on the capture module to resume regularly (at least in my case, it never disconnected my Touptek) after the meridian flip.

Yesterday I did some testing taking advantage of the full moon, it is possible that "pausing" the capture module and then resuming, gets stuck in downloading, this might make sense with the Flip, it is not the Flip that is the problem, and that between pause and resume in some cases you get stuck in "Downloading..."

I'm curious what bug you found though (point out a piece of code as well ).
4 months 6 days ago #97754

Also letting you know that ZWO released a 1.33 SDK today that might also include some fixes for the GPS value issue.
4 months 4 days ago #97766

• Thank you received: 168
Unfortunately it seems to have the same issue, but workaround in current driver still works.
4 months 3 days ago #97778

• Thank you received: 94
Hi
Do you mean the issue remains with the new SDK or with today's update to 3.6.8?
TIA
4 months 3 days ago #97780

• Thank you received: 168
My comment was about SDK version 1.33 which doesn't seem to have any change to the GPS issue, though that is better discussed in the other dedicated thread, probably not related to this problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
4 months 3 days ago #97782

• Thank you received: 156
I was hoping there would be some movement on this bug, as I experience this too. I have been setting my alarm clock to get up and stop exposures before the flip and resume after. Certainly not an ideal solution for a remote observatory, and not a good issue when new users ask about KStars.

When my camera disconnects- I have to restart INDI which means starting the entire imaging session over from scratch. After KSrars crashes I often just reboot to clear INDI from my system. A real pain.
3 months 3 weeks ago #97930

I didn't have a chance to test if anything is improved with the new minimum time for flip patch, which I suspect won't cover this issue, but I would add that this is outright unsafe for the equipment because these crashes cause the camera cooler to be shutdown abruptly, which is less than ideal for thermal shock, especially if your ambient temperature doesn't get below 15C like in my case, and the camera can very well be -30 from ambient. It gets a thermal shock at every flip, and that is scary to say the least.
3 months 3 weeks ago #97931

If you're using MacOS nightly, then ASI drivers should be the latest one and should include the fix
3 months 3 weeks ago #97932

• Thank you received: 94
Hi everyone
I tested with the updates to stable, in particular: github.com/KDE/kstars/commit/f2af0c8cc14...d09c65be7daebea74f7f
MFs worked with both simulator and hardware.
Logs attached.

Not extensive tests, but at least looking good. If others could test too, that would be great.
Cheers, happy new year and clear skies to all,
Steve
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by alacant.
3 months 3 weeks ago #97936
Attachments:

Binary Factory has been broken for 18 days. Is there another more reliable source for Mac nightlies?
3 months 3 weeks ago #97938

3 months 3 weeks ago #97965

Time to create page: 0.677 seconds