INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Optical Training !

• Thank you received: 14
Hi I think I need some more info on Optical Train setup.
I have several profiles -eg eqmod-zwo-qhy eqmod-qhy ioptron-altair etc.
For each profile I have many options as optical train - eg different models of zwo camera or diffferent filter wheels, different scopes etc.
The way I thought it worked is that if I choose say eqmod-zwo and then in the optical train box I select which camera (asi178 asi 294 etc) then
it would all be fine. Usually after several attempts the train comes up with the same kit every time.
If I then subsequently select a different camera - eg asi178 instead of asi294 it then complains that the 294 is not connected even though in the optical
train box I selected the 178. If I try to take an exposure kstars crashes with segmentation fault.
I then create a brand new profile called eqmod-zwo2 say and it all works.
Or do I need to create a new train for each and every combination (ouch) ? 4 cameras, 2 guide camera, 6 scopes and 2 mounts - 96 combos !
I thought the point of optical trains is that we can mix and match gear (up to a point) for the same profile. eg different scopes, different zwo cameras etc.
Any pointers in the correct direction appreciated. Having to create a new profile/train for each exact combination is tedious and seems to defeat the point ?
kstars 3.6.9 x86 client, arm64 server.
Nick
1 month 2 weeks ago #99586

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Optical Training !

If you have different gear, then belong into a separate profile with their own OTs. If you creating more than 3 trains, I'd say your setup is unnecessarily complicated. You can easily swap the OTAs in the trains, but if the gear is different, it is best to dedicate a different profile to them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
4 weeks 1 day ago #99974

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds