INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO EAF and EFW does not recognized after INDI update?

• Thank you received: 9
After the latest update, my EAF and EFW do not get recognized by EKOS. lsusb shows the devices connected with their respective name (see attached screenshot), the camera (ASI2600MM) works fine. I tried disconnecting, reconnecting the device, restarting and reinstalling the indi-full to no avail. Does anyone have the same problem as I do? The devices works fine before the update.

The software versions are on the screenshot also (highlighted)
1 month 3 weeks ago #99570
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
The only time I had issues with this recently was when I had set my EAF up as an ASI.... and apparently now it wants ZWO. I ended up deleting my equipment config and recreating it using ZWO and had no issues.
This happened with both my rigs I use StellarMate X OS on.
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I also run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Tracy Perry.
1 month 3 weeks ago #99571

Umh, that's weird. Let me remove the config and try again. Thanks!
1 month 3 weeks ago #99573

it worked for the EAF, but the EFW still not recognized despite still shows up in lsusb. I deleted the EFW config in home/.indi/
Anything else I can try?
1 month 3 weeks ago #99574

Okay I got it to work.
I went into Ekos, before connect I press Custom Driver (the icon that is a square with a few dots in it, next to the add-remove-edit profile buttons) . I then choose the ZWO ASI driver, add an alias of it with the name ASI EFW, restart Kstars and then go back to the device selector, choose ASI EFW on the drop down and now the FW connects correctly.
This is a work around for anyone ran into the same problem. Remember to check lsusb to see if the device shows up first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lupták Norbert, David Hardwick, AirBourn
1 month 3 weeks ago #99575

• Thank you received: 0
I had exactly the same problem after updating software. Your solution worked perfectly and I also learnt about the Custom Driver button :-) Thankyou.
1 month 3 weeks ago #99576

• Thank you received: 33
I had the same problem with the EAF. I wish they would tell us when they rename these things and Wish I had seen this post earlier.

I also noticed that with the new driver if I select the Loop (Start framing) button then the controls for Focus In & Focus Out get greyed out :-(
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
1 month 2 weeks ago #99587

Yes, I am too annoyed that every time the INDI updates, something breaks. I then have to figure out what went wrong.
But yeah, it's free and open-source so... But INDI is less newbie-friendly than say NINA/Ascom.
I refrained from updating if the current build works.
1 month 2 weeks ago #99595

• Thank you received: 16
Yes - that exact issue bit me too. Spent a bunch of time out in the cold thinking I had a USB issue. Could see the devices connect to the computer via dmesg, but KStars wouldn't see the focuser or filter wheel. I could select the new focuser kstars device, but had to add an alias for the ZWO EFW as described above. Actually very irritating!
1 month 2 weeks ago #99675

• Thank you received: 2
Thank you! You saved my day. I was beginning to think that EFW was broken. Does anyone know why they need to touch something that works? What was wrong with the old driver?
1 month 1 day ago #99936

Time to create page: 1.130 seconds