INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate will not update

• Thank you received: 0
Just got my stellarmate today and I cannot get it to update. Some help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
4 years 1 month ago #50615
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
Log into your Stellarmate account at Stellarmate.com. Go to downloads, and download the latest version of Stellarmate. The one you have can't be updated anymore to the latest version. Once you have the download. Use Belina Etcher to burn the image you downloaded onto your SD card that came with the Stellarmate. That will get you up to date on v 1.5.1. Put it back into the Stellarmate and you're good to go with a fresh copy.
4 years 1 month ago #50616

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks!!!! Did all that. And now the app will not authenticate. How is this not in the manual? Or maybe it is and I just missed it? Please help. Just want this thing to work. I already use ekos. But I am NOT a computer guy. Just need some serious direction here.
4 years 1 month ago #50636

• Thank you received: 139
Make sure to remove any Stellarmate device from the app by deleting it off the first tab. Then go to the about tab, and hit reset. You should be able to go back to the first tab to scan and find your refreshed Stellarmate with the app. Put in your Stellarmate login again to register the device. If you still have trouble accessing the Stellarmate with the app following the instructions on the Stellarmate website. You can connect the Stellarmate to any HDMI monitor (a TV will work too), and attach a USB keyboard and mouse. You'll be able to see it on the TV and change the network settings to your own wireless network (wireless network icon on the upper right corner).

Also, the forum isn't quite the best area for Stellarmate support. Your best bet is through the Stellarmate website by requesting help with a support ticket if this doesn't get you access to the device.
4 years 1 month ago #50637

• Thank you received: 140
If you dont get the answers you need here, try the actIve SM Facebook users group... :)
4 years 1 month ago #50641

• Thank you received: 40

Do you mean, you password will not work? Or you can'f find it on your home network?

The password is the same.

The network is the same issue for every major release that you have to re-image a SD card (something I believe is now a "thing-of-the-past"). What I did was to connect via a ethernet cable. Then go in a setup the wireless info.
I know some do it via a hotspot, but I never got that working as will as an old fashioned ethernet cable hookup. I BTW, have my rig on a pier and I ran an ethernet cable to it. +10x the speed.
4 years 1 month ago #50646

Time to create page: 1.904 seconds