INDI Library v1.8.7 Released (21 Nov 2020)

Nov. 2020 Release brings significant improvements to streaming and recording videos. Support for new drivers including Estatto focuser and Pegasus falcon rotator.

New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed

1 month 1 week ago
DerPit
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62144
I'd rather think there was something left in your kstars/build folder. I always build out-of-tree in a new created folder to make sure cmake doesn't use old cached info...

As for slewing: Yes, it solves (fast!), then slews (to the correct target :) ), but then runs the simulator CCD, and tries to verify - which fails. Then the 'Load & Slew' button stays disabled. So I first have to click some other location in the star map, 'goto' there, and only then I can try another image for solving....
Gets tiring after a while :ohmy:

openSUSE Tumbleweed KStars git INDI git
GPDX+EQMOD, CEM60EC, ASI1600+EFW+EAF+ASI290 mini

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago
El Corazon
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62145

DerPit wrote: I'd rather think there was something left in your kstars/build folder. I always build out-of-tree in a new created folder to make sure cmake doesn't use old cached info...

As for slewing: Yes, it solves (fast!), then slews (to the correct target :) ), but then runs the simulator CCD, and tries to verify - which fails. Then the 'Load & Slew' button stays disabled. So I first have to click some other location in the star map, 'goto' there, and only then I can try another image for solving....
Gets tiring after a while :ohmy:

There was nothing left in my kstars/build folder when it failed, because I had deleted them before. Still, it threw the same error on three attempts to build kstars again. Only AFTER I reinstalled Stellar Solver would kstars compile again. Weird. I'll see what happens next time.

As for the loading and slewing: Works fine here and the simulator then correctly solves the target as well at my end:

Atlas Pro AZ-EQ, ASI1600MM-Pro, ASI120MM-S, ES102ED, WO-Z61, Nikon D3300, ASI-EFW, ZWO LRGB,Ha,O3,S2 filter set
Attachments:

1 month 1 week ago
rlancaste
Supernova Explorer
Supernova Explorer
More
Topic Author
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62147
So based on what I am hearing, different options might be working better for the "load and slew" type function vs the "capture and solve" function?

Maybe it would be good to have two different sets of combo boxes in the Align options, a set of selections on which ones to use for "load and slew" vs a set of selections to use for "capture and solve"?

I ran some tests on some Images Jasem sent me that were taken with "capture and solve" and I found that they solved better on the default profile, however, for blind solves and load and slew, the Small Scale solving profile worked better.

1 month 1 week ago
schwim
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62148

rlancaste wrote: So based on what I am hearing, different options might be working better for the "load and slew" type function vs the "capture and solve" function?

Possibly a factor is the load and slew images might be longer exposures compared to relatively short captures for alignment?

1 month 1 week ago
rlancaste
Supernova Explorer
Supernova Explorer
More
Topic Author
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62149
Yes, I was thinking that, and the fact that the "load and slew" images could be JPEGs, PNGs, GIFs, and other images that don't have scale or position. They could also come from different equipment. The capture and solve should have the same info most of the time.

1 month 1 week ago
xsnrg
Administrator
Administrator
More
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62152
Maybe just 2 sets of solver configs that are tried before failing? It is fast after all, what would it hurt? With luck, this could remove the need to manual tune much, and the system could make the configuration that worked the first configuration for the next solve.

All the tuning could still be in an advanced tab, of course, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it if possible.

$.02

Jim

12" pier with HDX110 using EQMod
ASI 1600 mono/color mains with ASI290MM in off-axis
ASI filter wheel
Moonlite focusers for the sharpening
AT115EDT w/.8x for the light
Fedora Linux, 100% INDI

1 month 1 week ago
El Corazon
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62155
That's a great idea, Jim!
I presume more than two configurations could be specified, to be worked down consecutively until one succeeds.
That would be especially useful when using the scheduler unattended with a series of targets, where the schedule would start to hang if solving fails.
Jo

Atlas Pro AZ-EQ, ASI1600MM-Pro, ASI120MM-S, ES102ED, WO-Z61, Nikon D3300, ASI-EFW, ZWO LRGB,Ha,O3,S2 filter set

1 month 1 week ago
rlancaste
Supernova Explorer
Supernova Explorer
More
Topic Author
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62158
Now that's what I call a good idea!! Let's think about this one.

1 month 6 days ago
Cerro Torre
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #62184
I get a build error:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:212 (find_package):
By not providing "FindStellarSolver.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
"StellarSolver", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "StellarSolver"
with any of the following names:

StellarSolverConfig.cmake
stellarsolver-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "StellarSolver" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"StellarSolver_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
"StellarSolver" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
has been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!