INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Install "Obsolete" Driver

• Thank you received: 2
I'd like to install an "obsolete" driver. I've had problems connecting to my Astro-Physics GTO CP4 Mach1 with the V2 Astro-Physics mount driver from PHD with INDI but the old GTOCP2 driver, if I recall correctly, used to work for me. Unfortunately that driver is no longer installed when installing INDI. How do I install the old driver?
1 week 5 days ago #100344

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 566
Steve,

Not sure about the old driver, you can likely compile and install it yourself, but let's see if we can get the V2 driver working for you ... I use it all the time (with my CP3, but I'm sure it was verified to be working with CP4 and CP5).

Can you connect to it with KStars/Ekos? If that shows an issue, can you send a full kstars log of your failed connections (make sure you have verbose logging on and logging for the mount driver checked). The usual issue for things like that it is trying to connect to the wrong port. E.g. if you are using a FTDI cable, you need to make sure you have the right /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1 etc. If you are using ethernet with your CP4, I think there was some network protocol choice. If you don't get it working from that, can you also send screenshots of your INDI mount control tabs (e.g. Main Control and Connection)?

Mike Hanson at Astro-Physics has also verified all this works and can be a resource to help you.

Hy
1 week 5 days ago #100346

Replied by Steve on topic Install "Obsolete" Driver

I seem to be able to connect with K-stars/Eko. When I try to connect using INDI from PHD2, I get a I get a “Server address is missing or invalid error”.

I’m connecting over my home wifi (connection method is “network”) by entering the hostname or IP and port of my mount. I’ve tried both TCP and UDP. With same settings, the mount connects immediately in Ekos.

I had the gtocp2 driver working previously . Wanted to try it but it’s unfortunately no longer available.

Steve
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Steve.
1 week 5 days ago #100351

Anybody have thoughts on how to install an obsolete driver or get the lx200ap_v2 driver working with PHD2?

Steve
1 week 3 days ago #100369

• Thank you received: 370
That‘s strange, Steve. I guess there are INDI versions incompatibilities. PHD2 installs its own INDI version. I would recommend trying the KStars internal guider.

HTH
Wolfgang
1 week 3 days ago #100384

An update on my problem in case others encounter it. I started indiserver with a crontab @reboot from root. Seems that it worked with the GTOCP2 driver in PHD2, IIRC (can't reproduce because GTOCP2 driver is gone). Additionally the QHY driver worked in PHD2 with indiserver started as root. While debugging I started indiserver with the Astro-Physics v2 driver from the terminal using my user account and lo and behold PHD2 was able to connect to my mount. I'm now starting indiserver with my user account crontab @reboot and I can connect.

Steve
1 week 2 days ago #100394

Time to create page: 0.751 seconds