INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.6.9

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Ron M on topic Kstars 3.6.9

just getting round to trying 3.7 Kstars, MBA M1 w/ Sonoma 13.3.1 Found an install problem - after going 'around' the security and found it would crash on opening if I loaded it in the Application directory. But if I found if I dragged the Kstars dmg icon to the desk top it would open and connect to my mount, camera etc., I could 'run' the mount (daytime is only chance I've had to check) as previous... but when i try taking a test image with the Canon M50 mirrorless it crashes immediately.

I noticed the camera module did not display an ISO setting of the camera as noting was in that 'button' to change ISO. I tried reset the driver, a couple times and continued to just crash the whole Kstars. There is a pages long error log which I could cope and post. This is the same problem I had with the Beta version. So could be a problem with the libraw driver, although it had worked fine in previous stable versions. Since this has put me out of 'business' for months since the beta version and now "stable" both crash immediately, Sadly, I'm also on the verge of giving up on Kstrs for Mac.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100255

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Ok guys, I just got back from my Eclipse trip on Wednesday and I think I should have the time to try and fix the issue with KStars supporting previous MacOS versions. I believe the issue was something with QT, Craft, and binary files that were not built with older Mac versions in mind. It might take me a few days to do it, but I will try building from scratch without using the binary cache. I also know Eric has been working very hard to make us some new MacOS Craft recipes since I have been too busy the last few months. When he finishes that, we should be able to get regular MacOS builds going again.

Also Ron M. I can try my Canon camera and see what happens. There could be an issue with libraw, I will check
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett, Phil Benson, Osvaldo Paez
2 weeks 2 days ago #100271

Thanks for your post... I will note the last version in which the indi-Canon and gphoto I find 'normal' (no error) in the Mac directory is v. 3.5.3 - and it operates the camera normally. Although plate solving has been failing to solve for some weeks.
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Ron M.
2 weeks 2 days ago #100272

• Thank you received: 155

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic Kstars 3.6.9

I finally got 3.7 running on my old 2012 MacMini.
I used OpenCore to modify the Mac to support and install Mac OS 15 Sonoma.
Since I will not use this Mac fr any other use - it may solve my problem. I'll be testing with KStars as soon as I get it all reconfigured with all my gear.

Peter

Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Peter Kennett.
2 weeks 2 days ago #100282
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 155

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Ok, KStars 3.7 is working well under Sonoma on a modified old Mac.
However, as of right now I am unable to get the USB/SERIAL adapter to work which is needed to control my AAG Cloudwatcher weather monitor.
2 weeks 2 days ago #100284

I *think* I've fixed the indi-canon driver causing Kstars-Mac- 3.7 to crash. In checking the other drivers in the Mac OS directory they all got an Apple error as bad, and needed to be 'trashed.' So i finally 'believed' the warning from Apple.

I presume problems in the INDI drivers (links?) in Mac OS Directory, came from the 3.6.9 beta version when this problem seems to have started and the INDI contents were simply copied into the install of 3.7 and not replaced.

I deleted the entire directory and re-installed Kstars 3.7 (putting it on the desktop instead of the App directory) and Kstars now connects to my Canon 6D and operates the shutter normally w/o crashing 3.7. Won't be able to check the plate solving problem I had on an older version until dark, but *it should* work...

One thing to note is that on starting EKOs connections a 'new' message box appears asking if you would allow server connections? But the msg. box appears behind the INDI and EKOS windows, so if you don't know its popped up you won't clik yes to allow the (I presume INDI) server connection. This happens with several other 'warnings' and messages, like do you really want to goto the Sun if solar observing? Mount won't move until you find that msg. and hit yes. And of course the mount control box always is hidden until you move other open windows and clik on it. Always been a real annoyance to have to go 'looking for' for them!
2 weeks 1 day ago #100292

Just tried out Kstars 3.7 w/ re-loaded Mac OS Inidi driver directory, per previos post, but this time in my observatory with mount and focuser also connected.. Disgusted to say, it again is crashes 3.7 immediately when the Canon M50 is fired in the camera module. It opens fine, connects to mount and M50 in INDI, window but does not recognized in the Camera module and when the 'shutter' is fired Kstars crashes. Running on an M1 Macbook Air with Sonoma. Apparently something is very wrong in EKOS with communicating w/ the
INDI drivers.
2 weeks 16 hours ago #100295

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Phil Benson on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Useful thread, thanks to all for the posts: I have similar issue here - Kstars 3.7 crashes (never really starts that is) on a Mac Mini M1 (OS12.7 Monterey) but 3.6.6 runs fine. A New Macbook air M3 (OS 14.3 Sonoma) runs 3.7 fine and 3.6.6 fine... hope that info is useful to someone. I'm somewhat reluctant to upgrade the Mini to Sonoma but I might bite the bullet and hope it doesn't do anything untoward!
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Phil Benson.
1 week 5 days ago #100313

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Osvaldo Paez on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Hi
The same thing happens to me on my MacBook Air with OS12.7 Monterey, unfortunately I had to switch to one with Windows to be able to use Kstars/Ekos 3.7
Best regards
1 week 5 days ago #100316

Time to create page: 1.108 seconds