INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 819

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Nope, I am not on Sierra yet. I won't be able to use Sierra until 11/25.

modified: 3rdparty/CMakeLists.txt
modified: libindi/CMakeLists.txt
modified: libindi/libs/indibase/alignment/CMakeLists.txt
7 years 6 months ago #11913
The topic has been locked.

One of the updates appears to include a fix related to the issue I saw, i will need to check into this tomorrow.

github.com/indilib/indi/tree/master/3rdparty/indi-eqmod

github.com/indilib/indi/commit/e3095c742...5e2be6eb78abb427625f
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 6 months ago #11914
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I am going to rebuild my i7 MBA from scratch - then I will try a very fresh install...
7 years 6 months ago #11918

WOW things are going much slower than they were the first time I ran this on this machine - still building the qt5 stuff. I guess it doesn't help that I am also copying over ~200gb of movies over wifi at the same time...

It sure is keeping it busy, though!
7 years 6 months ago #11919
Attachments:

Choked building libindi -
CMake Error at /Users/jamie/IndiRoot/indi-stuff/indi/cmake_modules/FindNova.cmake:49 (message):

libnova not found. Please install libnova development package.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:73 (FIND_PACKAGE)

And I can't install it from brew because brew tap polakovic/astronomy fails due to the sha1 being obsoleted, and I can't build it, because I get this:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in src
Making all in libnova
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -Wall -MT julian_day.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/julian_day.Tpo -c -o julian_day.lo julian_day.c
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4.2 Debian-2.4.2-1ubuntu1, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.6b.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4.2 Debian-2.4.2-1ubuntu1
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[3]: *** [julian_day.lo] Error 63
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
So, I am dead in the water.
7 years 6 months ago #11920

Scratch that - I just forked the brew tap polakovic/astronomy recipes and can install. I will send him a PR. Have a call now, probably this is it for the ROTD.

EDIT: PR sent: github.com/polakovic/homebrew-astronomy/pull/3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Jamie Smith.
7 years 6 months ago #11921

Hacking around some I managed to get past the gsl thing that reappeared on the new machine. Now I am getting the same kind of error again with:
/usr/local/include/libnova/libnova.h:101:10: fatal error: 'libnova/ln_types.h' file not found
#include <libnova/ln_types.h>
^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [indi-maxdomeii/CMakeFiles/indi_maxdomeii.dir/maxdomeii.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [indi-maxdomeii/CMakeFiles/indi_maxdomeii.dir/all] Error 2

It is like the dependancies of these modules is out of whack.
7 years 6 months ago #11922

So I just disabled the section of your script about the 3rd Party drivers on my machine, and it seems to be working fine now going on with the rest of the install. I am not sure why I got the clock_monotonic issue with building the 3rd Party drivers, but since i had not been able to build them before, I am not surprised there was an issue. I am not doing a clean install so I cannot comment on your recent posts about it right now, but the script is nicely automated and working fine so far!
7 years 6 months ago #11923

So after I ran the whole thing through and ran some tests on it, I found one problem. It was with astrometry.net. In the original files in the brew astrometry.net folder there are several python script files in the bin folder that are actually symbolic links to files in the lib folder. When I copied these folders on my computer inside the app bundle using the commands I posted, the symbolic links were properly pointing to the correct files in the bundled lib folder. But when I ran your script the files in the bin folder were no longer symbolic links. This broke astrometry. Could this be because you said cp -rf instead of cp -r ?
7 years 6 months ago #11924

Here is a screenshot showing the issue with a comparison between a working kstars astrometry folder and a nonworking one.

7 years 6 months ago #11925
Attachments:

I don't think so - the "-f" should just "force" it even if the dest exists.

I think that it is just the copy itself-
jamie@cosmo[21:38:26]:~/temp $ >ls -l / > banana 
jamie@cosmo[21:38:33]:~/temp $ >ln -s banana link-2-banana 
jamie@cosmo[21:38:49]:~/temp $ >ls -l
total 8
-rw-r--r--  1 jamie  staff  1027 Nov  9 21:38 banana
lrwxr-xr-x  1 jamie  staff     6 Nov  9 21:38 link-2-banana@ -> banana
jamie@cosmo[21:38:52]:~/temp $ >cp link-2-banana copy-of-link-2-banana 
jamie@cosmo[21:39:14]:~/temp $ >ls -l
total 12
-rw-r--r--  1 jamie  staff  1027 Nov  9 21:39 copy-of-link-2-banana       <----- now it is a file
jamie@cosmo[21:43:45]:~/temp $ >cp -a link-2-banana copy-dash-a-link-2-banana   <--- the -a preserves the link, but doesn't check if the file is there
jamie@cosmo[21:44:12]:~/temp $ >ls -l
total 16
lrwxr-xr-x  1 jamie  staff     6 Nov  9 21:38 copy-dash-a-link-2-banana@ -> banana
-rw-r--r--  1 jamie  staff  1027 Nov  9 21:39 copy-of-link-2-banana
Copying the link seems to copy the target rather than the link to the target. I would actually think that we want the file itself - if we copy the link we could have a pointer to a file that doesn't exist.

Do we want to bundle astrometry and everything, or do we want to bundle up kstars and provide a shell script to grab other stuff? The latter might be better - I certainly haven't bothered to check the re-distribution licensing requirements of any of these things...

Maybe we should (re)visit the goals?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Jamie Smith.
7 years 6 months ago #11926

Copying the link should work just fine because the file it links to will exist since it is in a subfolder of the app bundle. I have tested moving the app bundle and the link doesn't break, at least it hasn't so far. When I copied the folder, it copied the links and kept them pointing to the right file (in the lib folder in the app bundle), not the original file location (in the lib folder of home-brew). But, I looked it up you are correct that I have an incorrect flag in my copy instructions, it should be a capital not a lowercase r.

I just ran the following on a KStars app bundle on the desktop and it worked properly.

mkdir ~/Desktop/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry
cp -Rf $(brew --prefix astrometry-net)/bin ~/Desktop/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/
cp -Rf $(brew --prefix astrometry-net)/lib ~/Desktop/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/

You are right on the checking of redistribution, we should definitely do that!! If anything cannot be redistributed, then yes a script is good. But if possible, it would be nice to make the install as easy as drag and drop of an app. I would like to make this as simple as possible for the end user. if they have to install home-brew and install all kinds of programs in order to get it to work, which might break if a server is down or some file gets updated, etc, then that is not a good plan. It was actually a bit confusing to get things set up because astrometry.net has config files in several locations and as you know there was confusion with /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin and should we install to /usr/local/share etc. Bundling it actually has made the process so much easier to work with.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 6 months ago #11927
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds