INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 819

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

So if I am not mistaken, in your script, it would become:

statusBanner "The astrometry files"
mkdir -p ${KSTARS_DIR}/Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry
cp -Rf $(brew --prefix astrometry-net)/bin ${KSTARS_DIR}/Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/
cp -Rf $(brew --prefix astrometry-net)/lib ${KSTARS_DIR}/Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/
cp -f $(brew --prefix astrometry-net)/etc/astrometry.cfg ${KSTARS_DIR}/Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/bin/
7 years 6 months ago #11928
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

So really the script should just do cp -Rf rather than cp -rf ?

I can update that tomorrow - I will also make NOT building the 3rdparty stuff the default in the script, and add a flag for that.

EDIT - HA, your post beat mine :D
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Jamie Smith.
7 years 6 months ago #11929

Yes, I believe so. We will need to test it of course. I thought my commands had worked before, but I didn't fully test them, which is my fault. I had tested copying in the Finder and I just wrote some terminal commands that produced what looked like the same result. I should have tested it. It wasn't the same.
7 years 6 months ago #11930

I pushed it out there with the -R - most important is that now it has the -3 option if you want to enable third party - it is off by default.

Curious what version of cmake you have, wondering if that is what is causing problems. The machine it originally worked on for me had
cmake version 3.6.2

while the one that had trouble resolving stuff was:
cmake version 3.6.3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
7 years 6 months ago #11931

I have 3.6.2
7 years 6 months ago #11932

Excellent! I will be able to test that the next time kstars is updated, probably tomorrow ;-)
7 years 6 months ago #11933

So as far as I can tell we should have no problems license-wise as long as all the code is freely available, credit is given to the authors, and users are notified about it. This is a copyleft license which means you are free to redistribute, modify, and use the code all that you want as long as your derivative work remains open source and free. The most we might need to change by bundling them is to make sure there is credit given somewhere in the "about" information and/or putting the info in a readme file or something. Someone with more knowledge of this can feel free to chime in because I am just relaying the information I found.

The Astrometry.net code suite is free software licensed under the GNU GPL, version 2. See the file LICENSE for the full terms of the GNU GPL. astrometry.net/doc/readme.html#license

Xplanet is free software, distributed according to the terms of the GNU General Public License. xplanet.sourceforge.net

The maps we used for XPlanet came from Flatplanet which has GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2). sourceforge.net/projects/flatplanet/

GSC, the General or Guide Star Catalog was developed for the Hubble Space Telescope and as such is in the public domain I believe. launchpad.net/gsc archive.stsci.edu/data_use.html

Of Course you know KStars and INDI are fine since they are the project we are working on ;)

So I think we will be good.
7 years 6 months ago #11935

I updated the script out in the GitHub repo to get the 3rdparty stuff building. I had to patch a few things to do so, and didn't update the readme/instructions accordingly. I added a couple of flags to the script:

-3 also build third party stuff
-a Announce stuff as you go
-i Just do indi build, not emerge

I also have a better pattern for the patches, and it SHOULD now allow re-executions, but the emerge part - well, I just don't know there.

As far as the patches - let me be clear - I do not know the right way to do them. I would think that the CMake stuff should know how to do it, but don't know enough about it in the context of the whole project to even fathom a guess, so I played whack-a-mole.

Basically, what I found was a couple of places where GSL wasn't found (the headers) - so I added stuff like:
### AUTO_PATCHED
find_package(GSL  REQUIRED)

if (GSL_FOUND)
	include_directories(${GSL_INCLUDE_DIRS})
endif (GSL_FOUND)

There was another situation with libnova - that was even weirder. There are places in the CMakeLists files where it has
find_package(Nova REQUIRED)

but it should probably be NOVA in all caps (because after it "NOVA_FOUND" was false) - so I did change that in the one place it was hurting us, Maxdomeii in the third party. Even after that I was still having problems with the build not finding libnova/ln_types.h -- even though it was in the same dir as libnova.h. For this I added (also to maxdome)
find_path(LN_INCLUDE_DIR libnova/ln_types.h)
(...)
include_directories( ${LN_INCLUDE_DIR})

So - I removed everything under my ~/IndiRoot (aka ($INDI_ROOT), and ran
emerge-install.sh -a3

I think that we still need to figure out how to get the GSC stuff in there, as well as the astrometry.net stuff. I didn't see a definitive solution to bundling it up in to a dmg. If you guys provide some basic instructions for those steps I will try to get them automated (and add flags for them as well).

We can also probably figure out a way to put a readme in to the dmg, basically with the text from rlancaste's last post to serve as the "credit"

(note - not saying that this will fix that CLOCK_MONOTONIC problem you had with the build of 3rdparty)

From executing the emerge-install.sh -a3 [13:28:11] to completion [14:04:05] took about 37 minutes - that includes downloading the repos, but NOT any brew stuff because that was already done.

Let me know if there are other things you would like to see automated

EDIT- OK, kstars opens from ${KSTARS_DIR}/Applications/KDE/kstars.app, but the Ekos stuff doesn't work. The "download extra data" fails (Loading of providers from file: edu.kde.org/kstars/downloads/providers.xml failed),

and when I try to start the indiserver (selected as "internal Indi") I get another error: Ekos requires at least one CCD or Guider to operate.

I moved the app to /Applications/KDE/ and the Indi now starts up - is there something hardcoded to the /App path?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
7 years 6 months ago #11946
  • Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

So I've tried and tried to get this library path to work, the libusb one, and I cannot figure it out I'm afraid. If you two want to give it a bash at it...
7 years 6 months ago #11948

which part was that? I forget...

I ran the
cd ${KSTARS_DIR}
${Qt5_DIR}/bin/macdeployqt Applications/KDE/kstars.app -dmg

and that finished. Mounted the dmg, copied it to applications, and BOOM...
SEGV...
7 years 6 months ago #11949
  • Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

you will find the crash reports in:
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
7 years 6 months ago #11950

There isn't anything in it that tells me anything...

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_201...rash.txt
File Size:54 KB

Some of the paths in it, though- imply that users will still have to do all the brew stuff ahead of time
7 years 6 months ago #11951
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds