INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I have used the otool and Install_name_tool as I needed, meaning that after the first dmg build I tried it on my other MacBook laptop and reviewed the crash report.
From the crash report, I was able to see which library wasn't loading and went on fixing one lib after another one.
It was a painful trial and error process...

>why just the indi_simulator ones?
That's because I can only use the simulator ones at the moment, I have no "live" indiserver I can use.
7 years 6 months ago #11986
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Here is what I am going to do - I am going to write a script that is what I think we need - but not have it DO the stuff (just echo it). Then I will run it and paste the output here for feedback. Sound good?

Probably won't be today
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
7 years 6 months ago #11987

sounds good to me, I will try your script on a new install.
7 years 6 months ago #11988
  • Thank you received: 819

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I sent to Jasem the Night Theme modifications that I spent the last two days working on and a tweak to gsc to get it working from the user's data folder on OS X so that we can clean things up a bit. I do agree that we shouldn't bundle it, it is too big. We could write a script or include instructions on how to download and install GSC to their data directory.

The changes will probably get posted if there are no issues with them by tomorrow.

Here are some screenshots of what I have been working on.

7 years 6 months ago #11991
Attachments:

Nice!
7 years 6 months ago #11992

Has anyone contacted Cloudmakers regarding the SHA1 issue from Brew? or is it still an issue?
7 years 6 months ago #11993

It should be OK now - I forked it and fixed it, then created a PR. Peter merged it to his repo so it should be working.

However - I doubt that they will update any more - I got a note back from Peter:
Actually, homebrew build is abandoned and not updated anymore.

So the question is - should we just start pointing to my forked version or keep pointing at his?
brew tap jamiesmith/astronomy
brewInstall jamiesmith/astronomy/libnova

I could probably (eventually) fix the libindi in that also (when I forked it I just fixed the places the sha1 was broken.

EDIT - One problem there is that some of the recipes are actually pointing at cloudmakers downloads:
$ >tg -l cloudmakers
indi-atik.rb
indi-shoestring.rb
indi-usbfocus.rb
So we don't know if/when they update them, or how to find updated ones, since those are precompiled closed-source.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Jamie Smith.
7 years 6 months ago #11995

Ok, four hours ago, Jasem uploaded my changes. So when you next download kstars, be sure you have gsc in your data directory, not where it was before.

Also please check out the night theme colors, see if everything I did looks good for that.
7 years 6 months ago #11996

So for libnova, is there a more up to date one than the one you got from them or was that the latest version? Regardless, I agree we should host it ourselves or find an up to date source if they are not going to update it.

For the others, I am not sure, is Peter ok with us using those? I do not remember for sure, but I do think that in the readme file for the libindi source code that I read for building libindi yourself that you should remove those, but it does not say why. I will see if i can find that.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 6 months ago #11997

Can you send a snippet so I know what the end dir hierarchy looks like? All of the N* S* in ./Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/Resources/data, I gather?
Where should the binary and the regions.bin/.ind go?
7 years 6 months ago #11998

No, I would not put it in the data folder that is wrapped in the app. Then the app will be 300 MB increased! No, I think we probably will need a separate script or maybe a bit of code in kstars to download and install GSC. It should go directly in ~/Library/Application Support/kstars/

Here is what my gsc folder looks like in ~/Library/Application Support/kstars/gsc I don't know if it is perfect, but it is working great.

7 years 6 months ago #11999
Attachments:

Just to be clear, the GSC files go in a folder called gsc which is located at ~/Library/Application Support/kstars/gsc/
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 6 months ago #12000
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds