INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 819

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I plan to test it on my wife's computer again, Stephane. I cannot test it on my new computer anymore because now I have run Jamie's script.

Nice work on the Readme changes by the way, Jamie, and the updates to the script. It worked like a charm, except of course that xplanet and astrometry are not included right now.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
7 years 5 months ago #12215
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 819
7 years 5 months ago #12216
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I did, that was what I based the fix-libraries script on - but I think that it does too much. let me dig back now that I am at my desk and see if I can tell what it is doing wrong.
7 years 5 months ago #12217
  • Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Ok, I think it's lib path issue.
I've deliberately broken my config by moving /usr/local/lib to /usr/local/lib2 and kstars starts but Indi doesn't anymore, so believe I may be missing an otool change somewhere. This was done on the MBA (dev)
7 years 5 months ago #12218

I also see a difference in my fix script- I missed that I was supposed to change @rpath -> @executable path. Maybe the script is closer than I think.

I made a quick change, can run that in "dry run mode" to see what it wants to do, letting us attack this from two sides?

re-pull the scripts repo, then run "fix-libraries.sh -d"

It will spit out a lot of stuff, but isn't actually *doing* anything. Maybe it will help find what you missed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
7 years 5 months ago #12219

doing it now.
7 years 5 months ago #12220

you will get an error:
# Processing libindidriver library
############################################################
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump: '/Users/jamie/IndiRoot/kstars-stuff/Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libindidriver.1.dylib': No such file or directory.
fatal error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/otool: internal objdump command failed
Processing /Users/jamie/IndiRoot/kstars-stuff/Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libindidriver.1.dylib

Which I guess is to be expected because it wasn't copied.- maybe copy that there by hand first :

cp /usr/local/lib/libindidriver.1.dylib $KSTARS_DIR/Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/Frameworks/
7 years 5 months ago #12221

I think this section is wrong, unless I'm reading it badly.
# Copying first round of files
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Crash.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5NewStuff.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5NewStuffCore.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5KIOFileWidgets.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5KIOWidgets.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5KIOCore.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Service.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5JobWidgets.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Completion.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Bookmarks.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5XmlGui.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Attica.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5ConfigWidgets.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5I18n.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5ConfigGui.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Auth.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5ItemViews.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Solid.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtXml.framework/Versions/5/QtXml] from [] to Frameworks
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5WidgetsAddons.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Plotting.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/5/QtPrintSupport] from [] to Frameworks
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtSql.framework/Versions/5/QtSql] from [] to Frameworks
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtSvg.framework/Versions/5/QtSvg] from [] to Frameworks
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick] from [] to Frameworks
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtQml.framework/Versions/5/QtQml] from [] to Frameworks
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork] from [] to Frameworks
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtConcurrent.framework/Versions/5/QtConcurrent] from [] to Frameworks
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libcfitsio.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Notifications.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets] from [] to Frameworks
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui] from [] to Frameworks
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5CoreAddons.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtDBus.framework/Versions/5/QtDBus] from [] to Frameworks
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5ConfigCore.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libKF5Codecs.5.dylib already in Frameworks 
HAVE TO COPY [@rpath/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore] from [] to Frameworks
Skipping Copy: @rpath/libindi.1.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libraw.15.dylib already in Frameworks 
Skipping Copy: libindidriver.1.dylib already in Frameworks 
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
7 years 5 months ago #12223

I didn't have to change anything lib wise path on the kstars binary to make it work.
7 years 5 months ago #12224

Hm, the kstars was in the initial set of instructions that I went off of. I can try without it-

It looks like you had already created the DMG - should the lib changes be done before that, or after it? I had been doing it before, maybe that is why it never works for me
7 years 5 months ago #12225

I had copied it earlier, so I didn't get this error ^^^
7 years 5 months ago #12226

changes must be done before doing the dmg file.
All I had to do after running your build_kstars script is:
www.indilib.org/media/kunena/attachments/784/kstars_libs.txt
and then build the dmg and then see it crash on taking a picture... lol
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
7 years 5 months ago #12227
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds