INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian Flip and other meridian issues with iOptron CEM25P

• Thank you received: 8
SUCCESS!

It was indeed hidden in the hand controller. But not in the time & location nor Meridian treatment tab, no it was in the alignment menu! I vaguely remember that I did experiment a little with star- and polar-align routines when I got the mount. I was not impressed by that and completely forgot about it. So, when I was checking through the HC menu today I thought to have a look in the alignment tabs too, as „alignment“ sounded to me like „it could screw something up“.

And indeed, there was an alignment error set in the HC! Stupid, stupid me… I simply deleted the alignment data and I directly love my CEM25P even more than before :-D

The mount slewed directly to the „convenient“ side of the pier even if the object did not cross the Meridian but was close to. A test Meridian flip worked like a charm and even the parking works now!

I´m really looking forward to the first flawless meridian-crossing imaging session to see it in action with plate solving and guiding - fingers crossed.
Thank you all for your patience and many many ideas (and insisting to search the error in the HC rather than in Ekos ;-))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Jose Corazon, Brian
3 years 6 months ago #60958

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
hello naugustin, which driver are you loading up in Ekos please? iEQ or CEM25? What does it show as please?
3 years 6 months ago #60959

I set the mount as iOptronCEM25 in the Ekos profile editor and it´s also shown as iOptronCEM25 when started.
3 years 6 months ago #60961
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 182

Hi Stephane,

You just set CEM25 in the Device Manager or Profile editor, as Nico has also written. iEQ and CEM25 are using the same driver, though, ieq_telescope, so it should make any difference which one you set.
3 years 6 months ago #60962

Can you please post a screenshot where that alignment error setting was hidden? For my future reference. I am sure at some point I will fall into the same trap.
3 years 6 months ago #60963

I was going to ask you which Kstars you are using and I've found the answer, you are on 3.5.0
It does use the indi_ieq_driver as seen in your post but it's reporting the right name iOptron CEM25
I also noticed that the "pier side" selection is available too.

Do me a favour please, can you check that you are able to click on all the buttons within the indi tab of the CEM25? Because I can't :(
thanks
3 years 6 months ago #60964

The driver used in the background is named indi_ieq_telescope however on my kstars 3.4.3 it does not seems to be working as your kstars 3.5.0
but then I'm running the driver on a remote (local) laptop... :whistle:

and I've just found the problem !!!!!

I cannot update this laptop to Ubuntu 20.x as it's an x86 machine :(
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
3 years 6 months ago #60965

3 years 6 months ago #60966

well... I was going to buy the Odroid C4 a little bit later on, but guess what I'm going to do right now :woohoo:
I'll park this old laptop as I cannot run the latest indilib version...

Anyway, this mount is very promising !!!
3 years 6 months ago #60967

It's a repeat of the following post
3 years 6 months ago #60968

Having said that, it might be linked to the old indilib drivers I'm running remotely on my second local laptop... so I need do some other testing on the Odroid C4 once it arrives.

The main thing is, naugustin and myself have the Meridian flip sorted out and the clock too :lol:
3 years 6 months ago #60969

I have it all running locally on the Raspberry Pi and control it via VNC.

Attached some images where to find the alignment error in the HC menu :-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Wouter van Reeven, Jose Corazon
3 years 6 months ago #60970
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds