INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Clipping indicator

• Thank you received: 133
I was just pulling latest git, and saw in the log that Hy has added a clipping indicator for overexposed pixels to the FITSViewer. Of course I immediately had to try this.
Needless to say, it works like a charm (both mono and color) and indeed is one of the things I really missed so far.

Thank you Hy!

YAEUHA
(Yet Another Extremely Useful Hy Addition) :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hy Murveit
3 years 5 months ago #64051

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Clipping indicator

I tried this on Saturday as well. Nice work Hy, and thank you for the useful toys!

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hy Murveit
3 years 5 months ago #64054

• Thank you received: 566

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic Clipping indicator

Thank you two for your comments! Always appreciate them.

I had intended to start a forum thread once I was sure this made the latest nightly (it was not included in 3.5.0 but should appear in 3.5.1), but thanks for saving me the effort.

I guess all I want to add was my initial intention was to make the clipped pixels blink, like it might on a DSLR's display, but at least on first blush it wasn't obvious how to do that without adding significant overhead, so I just made them red, and figured one "blink manually" if desired. If you are using a laptop (either directly connected to KStars or over VNC etc) then typing control-L (lower case) should toggle the clipping feature, so that if you repeatedly hit control-L you'll see the clipped areas blink. Or, you can just turn it on/off with that keyboard shortcut.

Hy
3 years 5 months ago #64066

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Clipping indicator

NICE!
I had not realized that there was new Red Dot on the FITS viewer until I just read this post.
Fantastic!
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Jose Corazon.
3 years 5 months ago #64084

Time to create page: 0.826 seconds