INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

VNC Viewer

4 months 3 weeks ago
Doug64
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
VNC Viewer #52868
Hi,

I have been setting up VNC viewer so I can us it if required.

when I enter the IP address and log into Astroberry via VNC the screen that I see is not the same as it is on my laptop, the screen appears to be smaller in seize and the tab to the left of the screen with Indi Manager etc on it is missing.

I've looked at my laptop screen resolution and this is 1920 X 1080 and I have checked the screen resolution in Astroberry and this is also showing 1920 X 1080.

Can anyone give me some advice so I can get the screens looking the same with the Indi manager Tab etc to the left of the screen back in sight.

I was going to attach an image but I don't know how to get from VNC onto this forum.

Thanks for any help

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago
Kaczorek
More
VNC Viewer #52884
Sliding menu on the left is available ONLY when you connect to Astroberry with a web browser. It is not available when using VNC client.

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM
The following user(s) said Thank You Doug64

4 months 2 weeks ago
El Corazon
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
VNC Viewer #52909
But he can change the screen size by editing the /boot/config.txt file and specifying preferred monitor geometry under the Framebuffer options and setting hdmi_force_hotplug=1, correct?
I don't use Astroberry, so Radek will have to confirm that that option will still work under Astroberry.
Jo

Atlas Pro AZ-EQ, ASI1600MM-Pro, ASI120MM-S, ES102ED, WO-Z61, Nikon D3300, ASI-EFW, ZWO LRGB,Ha,O3,S2 filter set

4 months 2 weeks ago
Kaczorek
More
VNC Viewer #52919
Yes, you can change resolution by editing /boot/config.txt OR using raspi-config OR Menu / Preferences / Raspberry Pi Configuration

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM

4 months 2 weeks ago
Avocette
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
VNC Viewer #52924

Doug64 wrote: when I enter the IP address and log into Astroberry via VNC the screen that I see is not the same as it is on my laptop, the screen appears to be smaller in seize and the tab to the left of the screen with Indi Manager etc on it is missing.

I've looked at my laptop screen resolution and this is 1920 X 1080 and I have checked the screen resolution in Astroberry and this is also showing 1920 X 1080.

Can anyone give me some advice so I can get the screens looking the same

This is exactly my situation (laptop and RPi both 1920x1080 resolution) and I always use VNC to connect in Astroberry hotspot mode. There is a VNC tab at the top centre of the laptop screen which almost disappears when you click on the full-screen ikon, at which time the laptop image looks pixel perfect.

Currently running KStars/Ekos/Indi on a Raspberry Pi 4B 2GByte under Raspbian thanks to Astroberry
Sky-Watcher ED80 Pro with 0.85x FR/Corrector with Canon DSLR on AZ-EQ5 GT mount
Other Sky-Watcher scopes - SkyMax 150 Pro Maksutov Cassegrain and Explorer 150p Newtonian
The following user(s) said Thank You Doug64

4 months 2 weeks ago
Doug64
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
VNC Viewer #52939
Problem now sorted, found the tab on VNC viewer and was able to change the screen seize.

Thanks for the help

Doug

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds