I've made an INDI client for Android, Telescope.Touch: github.com/marcocipriani01/Telescope.Tou...ni01/Telescope.Touch
It features full mount & focuser control, object database, planetary goto, INDI control panel and <strong>Sky Map</strong>!
It can be considered a substitute for KStars Lite, which is no longer maintained and used to be really slow.
If someone is interested, the first release is now out!
I would be happy if it could be added to the
INDI clients page
Yes, Android only. Telescope.Touch is based on
Google Sky Map
, IPARCOS and INDIForJava. There is no way to port it to iOS or other operating systems.
I'm the developer of IPARCOS and I'm maintaining INDIForJava (see
), so I decided to merge all the projects into one big app.
I hope y'all will enjoy it!
I'm trying to add BLOB support to the app (for the moment, only a simple photo viewing functionality), and I'm running into troubles. Can you help me?
I start an INDI server (latest stable version) on my Astroberry, standalone without KStars. The only drivers in the server are the CCD simulator and a QHY 5L-II CCD. All the tests I've made return the same results regardless of which CCD I'm working on.
Here's what I've done:
Connect every driver and ensure everything is working. I'm able to get pictures from a remote KStars connected to the server.
Use Telescope.Touch in debug mode to get the XML messages from of the drivers - works, I can see prop updates in XML format
Fire a 1second test capture from Telescope.Touch. The capture starts regularly.
Read every XML message that arrives
Results: number, text and switch prop updates are always perfectly received and I get the right values, as usual. However, I never get the "CCD1" property updates, which should contain the captured FITS file. I do see the CCD1 BLOB property being created, but it never receives updates when the capture ends. The only data I can get after the capture is the photo's location in the Astroberry ("/home/astroberry/Captures") when the capture mode is set to "Local" or "Both".
Do you think I'm doing something wrong?
I've solved the problem, I didn't know I had to enable BLOB receiving in the client. The problem now is the phone's memory, I can't load any image larger than 1000x1000px without out-of-memory errors (FITS format = no compression)
I guess I won't add full image support to avoid crashing people's phones...
I've just tried out the latest version from Google Play. The basic INDI telescope control and Skymap work pretty well, but the Goto/Sync function doesn't seem to work at all. Whenever I tapped on it, I would be back at the home screen of my phone. The app would still be running in the background and the telescope would be pointing at some random place.
I've been looking for a simple Android INDI client with Goto function to go along with my DIY eFinder based on Astroberry. The eFinder is for visual use and has a GPIO button that will initiate plate solve and centre the target in the eyepiece when being pressed. The potential candidates so far are Kstars Lite (no longer supported and very slow), SkySafari 6 Plus (cost money. I'd rather pay for StellarmateOS and its mobile app) and this. If the Goto can be fixed, it will be great.