Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.5 on 2018-11-14. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Setting up Gemini 2

Setting up Gemini 2 4 days 13 hours ago #32393

I'm new to Indi and Kstars. I'm trying to set up my Losmandy Titan mount using the Gemini 2 controller. In Kstars>Tools>Device Manager>Local/Server>Telescopes>Losmandy Gemini. On the Connection Mode option I select Ethernet but cannot enter an IP or Port number. How do I go about setting up the network information?

Screenshot attached.

Lloyd Merrill
Windsong Observatory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Setting up Gemini 2 4 days 11 hours ago #32397

Hello Llyod,

So why you can use this method, it's recommended to use Ekos. There is no attachment, please try again. Once you select "Ethernet", you should get Host/Port controls that you can edit. The Gemini2 driver documentation is not great as well: indilib.org/devices/telescopes/losmandy.html

If you get this up and running, I hope you can help us improve the documentation for new users.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
Last Edit: by knro.

Setting up Gemini 2 4 days 6 hours ago #32400

Thank you for the response. I did not know how the SET function worked on the dialog box, I have now updated bot the IP and port number. When I now try and connect I get a nondescript message of "Error reading from device Read Error: Resource unavailable (-1)".

I have attached both a screenshot of the message and the log file.

I was successful in connecting to my Moonlite focuser, SBIG STF-8300C and Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 guide camera.

Lloyd Merrill
Windsong Observatory
Attachments:

Setting up Gemini 2 4 days 6 hours ago #32401

Please turn on the logging for INDI+Mount+Telescope (See my signature for a video on how to)

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Setting up Gemini 2 4 days 5 hours ago #32403

I thought that I did choose the correct options when I submitted the log file in my previous email. The attached screenshot shows the options I chose. When you mention "telescope" in you previous email I don't see that as an option. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Screenshot attached.

Lloyd Merrill
Windsong Observatory
Attachments:

Setting up Gemini 2 4 days 5 hours ago #32405

Try connecting to the Gemini 2 using a USB connection. Two of my friends have Gemini 2's and they connected it to their raspberry pi's using a usb cable and it works great. One of them did try the Ethernet connection first, but got confused as to the settings, so he tried USB and it worked immediately. So he just went with usb.

Setting up Gemini 2 4 days 25 minutes ago #32408

I worked with Jasem and we discovered that the Gemini 2 network interface works type set to UDP with port 11110.

Thank you Jasem.

Lloyd Merrill
Windsong Observatory

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica