INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.6.9

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by Frederick Ruegsegger on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Not sure it will help but Apple released 13.6.5 a few days ago - maybe they fixed something there that will help? Here's a link to their support for some of the fixes in that release: support.apple.com/en-us/HT214085.
1 month 1 week ago #99825

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Alan Archer on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Thomas,

Other people here have used this to upgrade 2012 systems dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/

See here www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/14244-kstars-....html?start=48#99102

Thanks

Alan
1 month 1 week ago #99828

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Martin Gleim on topic Kstars 3.6.9

sorry, I have the same problem. On my Imac 2017 with the latest possible OS Ventura 13.6.5 kstars crashes immediately, on my macbook 2023 it runs flawlessly.
Marting
1 month 5 days ago #99875

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thomas Rinaldi on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Tried the Open-Core legacy Patcher and upgraded to Sonoma on my 2012 Macbook Pro. Downloaded and tried to install Kstar 3.7.0 and all I get is the file is corrupted. Has anyone else had this problem?
3 weeks 1 day ago #100134

• Thank you received: 155

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic Kstars 3.6.9

The webpage for KStars states that the latest KStars works with Mac OS 10.15 or higher.
"KStars 3.7.0 Installer for macOS 10.15+

I just tried it with Mac OS 12.6 and it's. NO GO. It crashes immediately like others here.

This is a 100% show stopper for many (of not most) Mac users.

Please change the web page to reflect the actual requirements.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100244

Patching older Macs isn't a great option either - as it breaks Pixinsight. Several modules and scripts in PixInsight no longer work correctly with a patched Mac.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100246

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thomas Rinaldi on topic Kstars 3.6.9

This is a show stopper for me. I will have to use my Windows Laptop. I hate to have to do this but I have no choice if I want all the newest features.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100247

I was running my whole observatory with KStars and was constantly advertising KStars online in many forums. But this latest upgrade is a complete show stopper for me now. Looks like I’ll have to completely change the way I was running the observatory and may just bite the poison pill and go with NINA.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100251

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Martin Gleim on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Unfortunately I have the same problem again, starting kstars 3,70 on my Imac with OS 13.6.6 crashes immediately. As there is no real option to upgrade to sonoma and I don not want to buy a new Imac.. I have no idea.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100253

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Ron M on topic Kstars 3.6.9

just getting round to trying 3.7 Kstars, MBA M1 w/ Sonoma 13.3.1 Found an install problem - after going 'around' the security and found it would crash on opening if I loaded it in the Application directory. But if I found if I dragged the Kstars dmg icon to the desk top it would open and connect to my mount, camera etc., I could 'run' the mount (daytime is only chance I've had to check) as previous... but when i try taking a test image with the Canon M50 mirrorless it crashes immediately.

I noticed the camera module did not display an ISO setting of the camera as noting was in that 'button' to change ISO. I tried reset the driver, a couple times and continued to just crash the whole Kstars. There is a pages long error log which I could cope and post. This is the same problem I had with the Beta version. So could be a problem with the libraw driver, although it had worked fine in previous stable versions. Since this has put me out of 'business' for months since the beta version and now "stable" both crash immediately, Sadly, I'm also on the verge of giving up on Kstrs for Mac.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100255

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Ok guys, I just got back from my Eclipse trip on Wednesday and I think I should have the time to try and fix the issue with KStars supporting previous MacOS versions. I believe the issue was something with QT, Craft, and binary files that were not built with older Mac versions in mind. It might take me a few days to do it, but I will try building from scratch without using the binary cache. I also know Eric has been working very hard to make us some new MacOS Craft recipes since I have been too busy the last few months. When he finishes that, we should be able to get regular MacOS builds going again.

Also Ron M. I can try my Canon camera and see what happens. There could be an issue with libraw, I will check
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett, Phil Benson, Osvaldo Paez
2 weeks 2 days ago #100271

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Ron M on topic Kstars 3.6.9

Thanks for your post... I will note the last version in which the indi-Canon and gphoto I find 'normal' (no error) in the Mac directory is v. 3.5.3 - and it operates the camera normally. Although plate solving has been failing to solve for some weeks.
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Ron M.
2 weeks 2 days ago #100272

Time to create page: 0.719 seconds