Stellarmate 1.4.2 and latest iOS app not connecting
The latest app version is from 4 days ago, and that is what I am trying to use.
Lead_weight wrote: There’s a new version of Stellarmate to update, and a new iOS app bundle was just updated as well. The iOS app automatically update when it’s launched. These to things are supposed to fix connectivity issues, but I’m out of town and have not been able to try.
I have the issues with the latest Stellarmate and the latest app....
Skywatcher EQ8 pro
Meade series 5000 80mm triplet Apo & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes
If I understand correctly I have to download and write the new image on my SD card, or maybe online update already possible from Stellarmate on the Pi itself ? I really hope I get it working,
Thanks for the update, now I could register and connect for the very first time to my Stellarmate from my ipad Pro. The Stellarmate app is still the version from a week ago, so the connection troubles were not caused by the app as I see.
I could create a new profile for a ZWO ASI183MC camera. I didn't connect the cooling, it looks like I cannot make an exposure without having the peltier on. When I tap on "Loop" in Ekos it says on the top of the screen "Setting temperature" and I cannot take an image. Is there an option somewhere to capture images without cooling on ?
So it only works on the ipad for me at the moment. If you have a sugggestion to try something just let me know.
In iOs it just throws a blank screen within 1 sec, on Android it throws a Stellarmate logo screen after 1sec and I didn't find anything to stop this happening.
Something else: I find no way to go to infrastructure mode. When I disconnect from the hotspot, I get glimpse of the available wifi networks, but after a second it connects again to the hotspot.
If anyone has a tipp I would be grateful, what am I overlooking ?
Edit: I figured out about the infrastructure mode. When I disabled and re-enabled Wifi, I got the list of networks displayed and could connect to my home network.
Connection from the app to Stellarmate still acts the same as described above, so doesn't connect, I don't get it... I even removed and reinstalled the app - doesn't help.
I can sign in to my Stellarmate account, it detects my device, but then I am stuck again...
Juist to give a short update about my case. Having no other idea I have created a new image in a different micro sd card, and - wonder ! - now I could Connect to it from the Stellarmate app on my IPad pro. Still no luck with taking images via the app, because it sets the exposure always to 1s in the sequence, doesn’t matter what I entered when creating the sequence. Waiting for bug fixes.