INDI Library v1.8.3 Released (02 Jan 2020)

Minor monthly bugfix release with a new RainbowAstro mount driver and improved pier side simulation.

Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos

2 months 13 hours ago 2 months 13 hours ago by AstroNerd.
AstroNerd
More
Topic Author
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #47182
Hi all and Merry Christmas :)

I have an original QHY5 camera, and can’t get it to work with INdI / Ekos, it’s not the newer QHY5II and am using Astroberry 2.0

Any ideas anyone...?

Stellarmate OS BETA on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro
Meade series 5000 80mm triplet Apo & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 13 hours ago
Gonzothegreat
Administrator
Administrator
More
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #47183
I do have the original one, it is working but ... from time to time it just falls over and die.
You should have the qhy_ccd_test binary installed, run it and see what output you get.

I have now replace the QHY5 with a QHY5L-II-M as it's more sensitive and I do use it in the OAG.

Kstars Mac osx
Odroid C1 running indiserver (kept up-to-date with apt-get update/upgrade)
HEQ5 pro / QHY5L-II-M (OAG) / Atik 314L+ / Gerd Neumann drawer

2 months 10 hours ago
han.k
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #47191
The classic QHY5 only works using older INDI drivers. See this long thread:

www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/5292-qh....html?start=48#40909

Han
The following user(s) said Thank You AstroNerd

1 month 4 weeks ago 1 month 4 weeks ago by AradoSKYindi. Reason: additional info
AradoSKYindi
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #47280
Hello,

This thread is interesting. I was not aware of qhy_ccd_test. I just ran it. I get the GetQHYCCDSingleFrame failure, error: -1 at the end. This same error happens with both QHY devices during Polar Alignment, the PoleMaster and QHY5L-IIC devices. I can use both devices outside of INDI. I have cleared out any QHY config files in my INDI folder. I have attempted to use older drivers. Nothing seems to be working with these QHY devices, PoleMaster and QHY5L-II-C. This is the output from the tool. And the error is found and then the cancellation. Both the PoleMaster and the QHY5L-II-C can do 1280 x 960 images.

Default read mode name STANDARD MODE
Read mode name STANDARD MODE
GetQHYCCDChipInfo in this ReadMode: imageW: 1280 imageH: 960
SetQHYCCDParam CONTROL_EXPOSURE set to: 1, success.
SetQHYCCDResolution roiStartX x roiStartY: 0 x 0
SetQHYCCDResolution roiSizeX x roiSizeY : 1280 x 960
SetQHYCCDBinMode set to: binX: 1, binY: 1, success.
ExpQHYCCDSingleFrame(pCamHandle) - start...
ExpQHYCCDSingleFrame(pCamHandle) - end...
ExpQHYCCDSingleFrame success (8193).
Allocated memory for frame: 2925600 [uchar].
GetQHYCCDSingleFrame failure, error: -1
CancelQHYCCDExposingAndReadout success.
Close QHYCCD success.
SDK resources released.

1 month 1 day ago
aargelaguet
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #48359
I have an old QHY, what a I have done and works is the following.:

1. Open a terminal with root permissions and check which camera vid and pid I have with command: "lsusb" it list usb devices connected. I can deduct that I have a QHY from Vendor ID (VID) 16c0 and the Product ID (PID) 296a.
2. Then go where you have de following file to edit. 85-qhy.rules, it could be on /etc/udev/rules.d/ or on astroberry 2.0: /lib/udev/rules.d/
3. edit with nano and inspect the file, and locate the entry where there are your vendor, in my case 16c0. And a PID similar, i have found 296c. I have duplicated the line replaced the PID to mine 296a.
It shows something like this: ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="296a", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME} -s /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5LOADER.HEX"
This will tell something like when plug a USB from VID and is that PID, load this firmware.
In my case this would be nice to be added to default repository.
The following user(s) said Thank You AstroNerd

1 month 1 day ago
AstroNerd
More
Topic Author
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #48370

aargelaguet wrote: I have an old QHY, what a I have done and works is the following.:

1. Open a terminal with root permissions and check which camera vid and pid I have with command: "lsusb" it list usb devices connected. I can deduct that I have a QHY from Vendor ID (VID) 16c0 and the Product ID (PID) 296a.
2. Then go where you have de following file to edit. 85-qhy.rules, it could be on /etc/udev/rules.d/ or on astroberry 2.0: /lib/udev/rules.d/
3. edit with nano and inspect the file, and locate the entry where there are your vendor, in my case 16c0. And a PID similar, i have found 296c. I have duplicated the line replaced the PID to mine 296a.
It shows something like this: ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="296a", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME} -s /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5LOADER.HEX"
This will tell something like when plug a USB from VID and is that PID, load this firmware.
In my case this would be nice to be added to default repository.

Tried this and my QHY when connected does not even show up under “lsusb”... so does not work for me.. :(

Skywatcher EQ8 pro

1 month 1 day ago
El Corazon
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #48383
The QHY5 does have a different vendor ID as far as I recall. The Orion Starshoot Autoguider is using the QHY5 driver and that comes up with ID 1674, if I remember correctly.
You may want to run lsusb with and without your camera connected, then note whether there is a differential, which would identify the camera ID. Then check in the 85-qhy.rules file that the correct driver is used for it and whether is gets loaded using qhy_ccd_test.
Last time I checked a couple or months ago the camera was recognized, but depends on whether the required driver is contained in the last INDI installation you have on your machine.

Atlas Pro AZ-EQ, ASI1600MM-Pro, ASI120MM-S, ES102ED, WO-Z61, Nikon D3300, ASI-EFW, ZWO LRGB,Ha,O3,S2 filter set

1 month 1 day ago
AstroNerd
More
Topic Author
Origional QHY5 to work with INdI / Ekos #48408

El Corazon wrote: The QHY5 does have a different vendor ID as far as I recall. The Orion Starshoot Autoguider is using the QHY5 driver and that comes up with ID 1674, if I remember correctly.
You may want to run lsusb with and without your camera connected, then note whether there is a differential, which would identify the camera ID. Then check in the 85-qhy.rules file that the correct driver is used for it and whether is gets loaded using qhy_ccd_test.
Last time I checked a couple or months ago the camera was recognized, but depends on whether the required driver is contained in the last INDI installation you have on your machine.

Yes, that is exactly what I did, and there is no difference with or without camera connected...

Skywatcher EQ8 pro

Moderators: Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds