INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

First night out with KSTARS/EKOS

• Thank you received: 139

The auto routine I was using was the Mount Model settings under the align tab. I added three stars that were visible, hoping it would slew to them automatically and solve each one, then sync. But I think it didn't because of the issue you addressed above that with my mount I have to perform a hand control 2-3 star align before I connect EKOS.

For setting the park position I moved the mount to it's home position, which is just to the side of Polaris, went in to the INDI driver control panel for my mount, and under the park options selected use current, then write data. I have not tried what you suggested, but will attempt it the next night out.

As for the guiding camera. I believe I tried LUMA, I think I pretty much tried all the options with no luck. I got out for a second night last night, and used PHD2 from the beginning with very little issue. But I need to make another attempt with EKOS for guiding.
5 years 11 months ago #24400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I haven't attempted it again, but maybe I'll hook it up and make a screen recording, so it can be seen what is happening.
5 years 11 months ago #24403

• Thank you received: 66
I see the colours when doing polar alignment. For guiding I use PHD2 and haven’t seen colours there nor noticed if they are in the kstars status of PHD2
5 years 11 months ago #24404

• Thank you received: 809
Good point gbeaton. I have used PHD2 the last few months, so I might not have noticed a change in the INDI driver or KStars. But when I used it in the internal guide configuration before, it did not have colors. Maybe I will do a quick test and see.
5 years 11 months ago #24406

So today I hooked ASI120MC to my Orion Guide Scope (50mm 162m FL) and connected the ST4 cable from ZWO to my EQ8 mount.

When I captured first, I also got the pink-color, and then I went to ZWO control panel and changed it to Luma

Then it worked fine. I spent a bit of time to get it focused and used looping for that, but once focused, I set it binning to 2x2 and then started guiding and it worked flawlessly afterwards with absolutely no changes.

5 years 11 months ago #24411
Attachments:

This is after 20 minutes with bin 1x1:

5 years 11 months ago #24416
Attachments:

Great to hear. I'll check this tonight. It's possible I overlooked Luma, and only tried RGB, and the other options.
5 years 11 months ago #24426

The LUMA setting worked for me (I must have overlooked this before), and now I'm able to guide with the internal guider. I attempted dithering, but all my frames were blurry until I turned it off. So, I'm not quite sure how to set this up.
5 years 11 months ago #24441

Dithering happens between frames and not during capture, so it shouldn't cause your frames to become blurry. Maybe logs could shed a light on this.
5 years 11 months ago #24442

I'm not sure why this happened. I used the default settings, but it looked like it was constantly dithering during the 60 second exposures. Each image had stars that looked like z shape. I'll attempt it again and see if I can log it.

I also ran into another issue with the internal guider now that I got it working. For long periods of time the image coming from the camera would be black, and would periodically go back to showing a normal image of the stars. When it was black, even for 5 minutes at a time, the guiding continued to work as if it still was tracking the star. See attached images of dithering example, and my guiding panel screen with the black image.

5 years 11 months ago #24454
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 29
Is „autostretch“ (FITS settings) enabled (box checked)? this has causing me problems, and I disabled.
5 years 11 months ago #24469

Yes, this was enabled. I'll try it out this evening to see if that fixes it.
5 years 11 months ago #24472

Time to create page: 0.625 seconds