INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Astro UPB focuser error

• Thank you received: 139

Where would I write this? It looks correct in the INDI Control panel.

Also, please see my updated comments and logs above if not already looking at them.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Andrew Burwell.
3 years 11 months ago #53029
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
I see there that you have UPB firmwear version 1.3, this will not help as there is a newer 1.4, you need to connect to the native Pegasus UPB software and do the firmwear upgrade and then see if this helps...

I too did the INdI core update, and it also broke my system this morning too.... so I feel your pain....
3 years 11 months ago #53048

It says 1.3 there...driver version. On the firmware tab it reports 1.4, which I updated to some time ago on a PC I have.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Andrew Burwell.
3 years 11 months ago #53050
Attachments:

To be honest I am about done with INdI as there are just too many bugs all the time and it’s getting me down
I updated the INdI core this morning as told to by Jasem, and it broke my system too, also the UPB driver is poor, and has a lot of bugs, mine is not good at all :(
It’s hit and miss to whether it even connects, net alone works....
I get serial port connection errors, focuser step errors and others, also this one all the time
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by AstroNerd.
3 years 11 months ago #53051
Attachments:

Yeah, I hear ya. I bought a Minix PC back when I got my 10Micron in case I had issues getting mount modeling and everything to work on the Mac. But there have been some very helpful developers which helped me get it all sorted out. With all these pegasus issues that cropped up this week for me like not being able to autofocus, then the driver bugs, no ZWO cameras working in the INDI Core update, and I got out that Minix fired it up, and got it all connected and working. I still absolutely hate working with PCs, but it's becoming more and more appealing lately. Though I still hate the learning curve with adopting all new software.

If Kstars/EKOS adopted Alpaca in addition to INDI, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. The majority of the issues with KStars/EKOS are all driver related. The software works great otherwise. Kudos to those working on the application. It's grown in huge strides over the last few years. There seems to be some key testing period missing. I don't know what the actual procedure for releases is, but it seems there's always something that slips through the cracks.

Anyhow, I see that issue you took a screen of all the time. If you go into the INDI control panel for the driver settings, and reboot the Pegasus, it usually clears it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 11 months ago #53052

All these changes are actually in the unstable channel. update_indi_core compiles the latest from GIT, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. So for now stay with the stable release until the next stable one is out.
3 years 11 months ago #53055

Well great.... thanks for that... so how do we put INdI back to stable from the unstable version on SM...?
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by AstroNerd.
3 years 11 months ago #53059

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds