INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

1.4.6 release - impressions, problems, etc. Please post.

• Thank you received: 86
Installed today. All is good so far.
Only tried indoors. Bad weather.
I was on 1.4.3 for some time. 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 didn't work well for me.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
4 years 3 months ago #46807
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 140
I have tried, and found it to be laggy, over VNC, and also some menus take a second or two too come up after clicking them, BUT I run it all from the rpi, and on a 4k monitor and in 2560 x 1600 resolution, so I really would like to hear from anyone who does the same, running in higher that HD res, over VNC... as I have had issues with this being laggy since version 1.4.3.. :(
4 years 3 months ago #46808
  • Thank you received: 3
I've only been able to test it indoors as well but so far it seems much faster than 1.4.4 and 1.4.5, both in starting up and general use. I'm running everything on the Pi at 1920x1080 and VNC in from a laptop.
RPi 4B (4gb) running Stellarmate OS
Skywatcher Quattro 250 with f4 coma corrector
Skywatcher Evostar 80ED with 0.85 reducer/flattener
Skywatcher AZ-EQ6,
ASI1600MM Pro with ZWO 8x1.25" EFW,
Guide scope 50x190mm, Guide camera ASI290MM
ZWO EAF focuser
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 3 months ago #46834
  • Thank you received: 0
Fresh install of the RPi 4 version. Hotspot showed up quickly. No problems switching to my home network.

In the app, hit connect in NoVNC and this pops up. Same message whether connected to hotspot or my wifi, just different addresses.

Tim
4 years 3 months ago #46847
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 40
So far much better than 1.4.5.

1. My EQMOD loaded fine.
2. Alignments are working, however I get better (meaning, I only got one success with ASTAP) and faster results with Astro.net Offline.

I did have one crash (figures after I left to go eat dinner out)... but the mount kept moving. It almost hit the pier. I'm sure a longer scope would have hit.

We need to have something that knows the software has crashed and as a result Park the scope. Unfortunately I was not logging , so I don't have record. But the log on the screen knew it had happened, so there is something that can catch this and send the Park instructions.

Oh, one more thing... how do I get my numbers on my numberpad to work again? This comes and goes through the different version. I know it's a Linux thing, I just can find a solution that actually works (lots of suggestions out there).
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 3 months ago #46855
For me it also felt laggy compared to 1.4.3 (this version I used for a while) but faster than 1.4.4/5 (those I used only briefly).
All runs on RPI4 with wired VNC to a desktop at 1920x1080 resolution
-- Max S
ZWO EAF x 2.
4 years 3 months ago #46860
  • Thank you received: 140
[/quote]

Yes, mine runs in 2560 x 1600, so was wondering if that was the issue with being really laggy, but if you are running on just full HD then maybe it’s not my res....but it is really laggy, it seems fine for a couple of mins after booting, then slows right down, thought it may be rpi temp, but hat does not go above 55 degrees..so not that either...
But other version such as the new Astroberry 2.0 runs super fast and really well indeed... over VNC at 2560 x 1600 :)
4 years 3 months ago #46865
  • Thank you received: 139
My problems with 1.4.5 were out of memory errors after about 4 hours of imaging. I’m curious to see if any of you have imaged for longer than that with 1.4.6 and if you see the same issues or not.
4 years 3 months ago #46881

What hardware do you have? I'm running the RPi4 with 4GB's and I've no issues with memory. But also I've noticed no climb in memory (nothing leaking as far as I can tell).
4 years 3 months ago #46882
  • Thank you received: 139

I’m using the 4GB version as well. I use full automation, so image through he night with the scheduler. And ever since updating to 1.4.5 after about 4 hours the Pi runs out of memory and KStars shuts down. Rebooting fixes the issue, so it’s clearly a memory leak. I’ve never had the issue on prior versions.
4 years 3 months ago #46883
One quick problem. Disconnecting from the drivers in EKOS, then clicking Connect (did that because I forgot to do something) will cause a crash right away. I can replicated it everytime.

Edit: This is not a major issue, since by the time one would hit Disconnect, you should be done with everything. Not a big deal to restart it again. Just click KStars and start again.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_13-22-00.txt
File Size:24 KB
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 3 months ago #46884
Attachments:
Same dreaded WiFi issue again...
Stellarmate WiFi hotspot never worked for me properly on RPI4 (worked fine on RPI3).
1.4.6 was supposed to fix that issue.
Indeed it worked fine on 1.4.6 unofficial beta release (I didn't install any updates there).
It worked fine on the official 1.4.6 release too but only until I installed updates via the system software updater.
No INDI/KStars/Ekos related stuff was updated - only general things such as ubuntu, samba, linux (including linux-firmware, whatever it was).
After the update Stellarmate WiFi hotspot stopped working correctly.
Now:
-- it takes a long time for the hotspot to show up
-- it shows up and then disappears and than reappears/disappears repeatedly.
-- when it's active it cannot be connected to
So i am basically back to the situation I have always been with RPI4. WiFi hotspot is not working correctly..
I still can use the system since I replaced the wifi connection from RPI to the mount with an EQDir cable (but wish I could get rid of it).
Wired network on the other hand works fine.
Just reporting..
Thanks!
-- Max S
ZWO EAF x 2.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by maxthebuilder.
4 years 3 months ago #46901
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds