INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed

• Thank you received: 4

sudo rm -r kstars/
and
git clone
came to the rescue - thanks
Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
3 years 5 months ago #62462

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
After a bit of testing with and without gsc installed, I am pretty confident that gsc or the lack thereof, is the culprit. When using the simulator, kstars crashes to the desktop on a capture/solve. Briefly, I saw it display a note at the bottom that said "no stars, do you have gsc installed?" but it still crashed. It should probably just display the message and not crash :)

Without gsc installed, load and slew loads the image, solves the image, and slews the scope, but I had forgotten another capture happens after the slew to verify the slew and align if necessary. This capture would go back to using the simulator and get the no stars, and crash, so see the above sentence. Same scenario, just more leading up to it.

With gsc installed, things work pretty well.

Now, speaking of gsc, the data in the gsc package is about 20 years old. It probably does not matter as we are using it for only the simulator, but it has been updated quite a bit. The data is easy to find, but where is the repository to build the executable "gsc"? Anyone know?

Jim
3 years 5 months ago #62465

• Thank you received: 69

Hi,

So is this probably solvable with the same approach? Just did a software update that included an Odroid-n2 update and reboot and a pull of the latest code.

<code>/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig-relwithdebinfo.cmake:19: error: set_property could not find TARGET StellarSolver::stellarsolverstatic. Perhaps it has not yet been created. /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake:79 (include) CMakeLists.txt:212 (find_package)

/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig-relwithdebinfo.cmake:20: error: set_target_properties Can not find target to add properties to: StellarSolver::stellarsolverstatic /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake:79 (include) CMakeLists.txt:212 (find_package)

/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake:89: error: The imported target "StellarSolver::stellarsolverstatic" references the file "/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libstellarsolver.a" but this file does not exist. Possible reasons include: * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location. * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully. * The installation package was faulty and contained "/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake" but not all the files it references. CMakeLists.txt:212 (find_package)</code>

[EDIT: As suspected this was resolved by trashing the local Kstars source directory and reinstalling. ]
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Jerry Black.
3 years 5 months ago #62466

• Thank you received: 812
Jim, You can find the GSC program here:

cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/nph-Cat/tar.gz?bincats/GSC_1.2

I don't know if there is anywhere else it is located.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
3 years 5 months ago #62467

Jim, I pushed a stellarsolver fix for the issue when no stars are found during the star extraction. It shouldn't even attempt to solve, because it makes no sense if there are no stars.
3 years 5 months ago #62486

• Thank you received: 109
Thanks Rob. Kind of an edge case, but good to have it covered.

Jim
3 years 5 months ago #62487

• Thank you received: 226
I've encountered a repeatable crash while daytime testing load and slew with a real camera attached. Naturally being daytime testing the camera was covered and only captured a dark image, no stars when triggered after the Load and Slew solved. The crash would occur quickly after the image from the camera loaded. Note, although I encountered the crash with the auto captured image following load and slew, It will also crash when not using load and slew. It also does not crash 100% of the time. I am not sure if it is because of the lack of stars like another user reported earlier related to not having GSC. My build should be after a fix was pushed for that. Build: 2020-11-06T23:59:58Z. I have also disabled Load Indexes into Memory, so it should not be that. Attached are lo and back-trace.
3 years 5 months ago #62580
Attachments:

IIRC, Robert fixed this in the latest stellarsolver. It was built about an hour ago in the PPA.
3 years 5 months ago #62581

Yeah I think the question here is really whether the version he is using was from before or after the fix. Since it shouldn't even try to solve if there are no stars detected after the fix, and since he said it did try to solve and crashed, then I think that would mean that the version he is using was prior to the fix.

Ihoujin, It is possible that you did install it after I put in the fix, but if you were using libstellarsolver-dev, then maybe it hadn't been updated yet to reflect the change. If you built it from source, maybe you didn't have the latest version?
3 years 5 months ago #62582

I was using a build from about 18 hours ago. I thought that fix was in place. But it would appear not. I have since built it again today and the issue has been resolved. Thank you. Amazing work as always.
3 years 5 months ago #62583

• Thank you received: 133
Just compiled the current status (all INDI, Stellarsolver and KStars), as I wanted to test at night. But the whole Alignment tab is greyed out, I cannot do anything there!?
Any idea what's wrong there, or what to look at? I can open the options dialog, but nothing I change there makes the tab available :(
3 years 5 months ago #62584

DerPit: You have to be connected to a mount and camera for the solver to be available.
3 years 5 months ago #62586

Time to create page: 0.704 seconds