KStars v3.3.6 is released
Highlights are here:
Looking at this morning's pictures the CCD Module did stop taking images when the park occurred. Maybe once my guiding aborted. I'd have to test more, but it stopped.
I've played around with Sims using times minutes away and I see the the "Play" button being virtually clicked But sometimes the time does not start counting. I assume it's safe to assume if the counter isn't counting, it won't auto park? I think I tested that if it's not counting, it won't.
I see when stopping and restarting EKOS the mount "Flip if HA" radio buttons are not remembering their selection ( I selected .10 Hours).
I hope it could be fixed as soon as possible, because it makes Ekos unusable. Thanks in advance
Error log attached.
File Attachment:File Name: kstars-201...rash.txt
File Size:16 KB
Probably, Robert Lancaster heard my pray It works wonderful and it's crystal clear.
Robert Lancaster made huge improvements to the handling of Astrometry.net configuration management and indexes. This should make these features a lot more accessible to a wider pool of users.
You can edit the astrometry.net configuration file directly in KStars. Furthermore, you can easily add/remove folders that that contain the index files. Many users have the indexes files stored in external hard drivers, and with this feature, it is now very easy to add the additional folders so they get utilized by the solver.
This change is accompanied by changes to the index downloader. Now you can check all your collections, and you have the ability to download indexes to a particular folder in your collection. A green index file indicates that the file is available in the system and does not require to be downloaded.
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with StellarMate
Atik 314E - ASI120M - CG5 with Celestron C9.25
But, basically, I spent a lot of time about two years ago developing the index file downloader, originally for use on Mac computers. But then some people wanted me to get it to work on Linux shortly thereafter but had issues with the fact that /usr/share/astrometry is a root owned folder on most Linux systems. So we had tried a couple of things at the time and finally I had thought that Jasem had done something that got it working, basically he made another set of index files in a writeable folder and made the config file check both places, and so I thought all was well. But. . . I still saw error reports every now and then and I was confused how there could still be an issue because Jasem's fix should have worked. Then I was playing around on a Linux machine and I found that on that machine, his local astrometry folder didn't get created on that machine!! And at the same time I noticed some more people talking about their confusion about the fact that there are two folders and the user interface confusion in the forum. So I figured that it was time to come up with a way to straighten out the issues. So I spent all my spare time for a few days last week redesigning the interface and now I think it makes a lot more sense, and should solve some issues folks were having.