INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] ASI ZWO driver keeps restarting

• Thank you received: 54
Steve:

My cameras being ASI533MC and ASI290MM, I should not be affected by the obsoleted cameras in 1.24. Also, re-building the latest indi-3rdpartylibs and indi-3rdparty commits with the 1.22 SDK instead of the 1.24 one (indi-3rdparty/libasi/armv8/libASICamera2.bin) does not cause problem with the cameras.

Peter:

On my ODroid Ubuntu 20.04, libc.so is version 2.31, not 2.35 like on your openSuse system. On the other hand, my I5 Ubuntu 20.04 system also has the 2.31 version of libc.so and there is no problem with the ASI camera. It's likely something with, at least, the armv8 version of the libASICamera2.bin file.
1 year 9 months ago #84316

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have "first issue" ASI120 and it works fine. Where is the obsoleted cameras list?
1 year 9 months ago #84332

• Thank you received: 94
For us, it works only in 8 bit mode.

The así site suggests that older cameras 'may not work very well'.
1 year 9 months ago #84341

• Thank you received: 133
This is however nothing new, the 120 had alsways been marked 'problematic'. Where did you read that 1.24 would drop support for older cams? The release notes don't mention anything....

@Giles: Yes, the glibc thing was a brain fart, sorry. As I wrote myself, it's running fine of my x86_64, and that is of course also at 2.35.... I agree it must be something with the libASICamera2 on aarch64 at least.
The question is what is different on systems where it crashes compared to those where it runs.
1 year 9 months ago #84342

• Thank you received: 94
We didn't read about the 120 support being dropped anywhere. We found out ourselves.
Cheers and clear skies
1 year 9 months ago #84343

• Thank you received: 38
I am seeing similar restarts with the ToupCam IMX571 as well.

Everything starts fine, but when you try and take an image, it disconnects, then reconnects.

Logs don't show much, I even turned on INDI logging, but it just states the camera disconnected and then reconnected.

Gonna capture a tail log and see if I can see anything.

If I use the same setup and swap to a QHY camera, no issues at all.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Sonny Cavazos.
1 year 9 months ago #84344

• Thank you received: 168
ZWO has released version 1.25 of the camera SDK which might improve things (or might not, the change log doesn't mention anything to this). So if someone with the issue could either download the SDK directly from ZWO (astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software-drivers then click developers and download the SDK for Linux & Mac, should be called ASI_linux_mac_SDK_V1.25.tar.bz2) and replace the libASICamera2.so in your system or install libasi from the pull request from github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/pull/615 that would be much appreciated as I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself.
1 year 9 months ago #84653

• Thank you received: 168
Oh, it seems Jasem already merged it so it should turn up in nightlies soon as well. Unfortunately as the library comes as a binary from ZWO, there isn't much we can do, reverting the version loses support for new cameras so that's not a good general solution either. Hopefully ZWO has fixed the issue on their end, but otherwise reverting is the only option for those affected.
1 year 9 months ago #84657

• Thank you received: 155
Is this why my ZWO CCD driver fails to load in every version of KStars after the July 20th MacOSX Nightly?
1 year 9 months ago #84658

• Thank you received: 812
Hi Peter, I think this is an unrelated issue. We did some testing of the MacOS issue you flagged and we think it is related to this change in INDI:

github.com/indilib/indi/commit/0df7848fb...5a1d25321081108f9343

We aren't 100% certain yet, but it seems that might be what did it.
1 year 9 months ago #84660

• Thank you received: 155
Thanks Rob. Once you are ready for me to test it, please let me know.
1 year 9 months ago #84668

• Thank you received: 69
For me, with a fresh github download of everything from the nightly (assuming I did this correctly), It still crashes and restarts continuously this morning.
As I had things configured yesterday, it was working (off of the old library), so I assume I'm running the new ASI library.

How exactly do I check the version of that I'm using?

Thanks
1 year 9 months ago #84694

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds